• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "He's a good looking lad"

Collapse

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    Which one is Sally Anne?

Ladies of CUK

That was quite amusing

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Now, now ladies. We don't want to hear which of you is the bigger loser. Handbags at dawn or get a room, will you.
    Sorry dear, we don't do the gay thing (which I know will disappoint you enormously) but will gladly shove your handbag where the sun never shines. Now run along and find young Freddie, there's a good lad.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    The real ladies on CUK

Which one is Sally Anne?

Ladies of CUK

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    "Whatever happened to your £10m project, by the way...? "

Won it. Politics kicked in. Handed it over. Quit. They lost it. Closed Down. Say no more
    Or the abridged version: Lost it. Politics kicked in. Xmas party incident. Sacked. Closed down.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Now, now ladies. We don't want to hear which of you is the bigger loser. Handbags at dawn or get a room, will you.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "Whatever happened to your £10m project, by the way...? "

Won it. Politics kicked in. Handed it over. Quit. They lost it. Closed Down. Say no more

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I was only following orders guv, honest. To be fair, your recollection of events differs slightly from mine, in that the "test bed" consisted of a huge pile of cables with some routers and switches connected seemingly at random. I'm not quite sure what you were planning to test (as istr mentioning in another thread, perhaps it was the dust gathering properties of a Cisco 1600 router) but to my fairly well trained eye it looked almost exactly like a big pile of junk. So me and the desktop boys "borrowed it".
    You were a permie at the time, and technically in charge, but I simply invoked the "absence of direction and control" clause in my contract and ignored you. Whatever happened to your £10m project, by the way...?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Working with Mordac is like working with the dodgy bloke from the Fast Show. 'You want to watch me mate, Im a geezer, I'll have that'

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Imagine my surprise when the directors came down to see this all encompassing, fantastic piece of kit that was going to win a 10m contract, I walked into the room and there was an empty room except for a loan power cable and a monitor with a lead swinging from it.

Lo and behold. A visit from the network fairy!!!!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Team player, you cheeky git. I was in charge and you nicked my test kit for a 10million quid contract because the router was shiny.

Respect My Authority......

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    He did turn nasty once when I "borrowed" some kit from a test bed he had spend literally minutes assembling in a neat pile in a corner. Not really a team player is our MF. OK once you get to know him though.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    He had a nasty experience in a Bangkok bar and now he automatically assumes every woman he encounters will turn out to be a geezer. Just play along and don't let it get to you. He's nearly finished the therapy and will be back to normal - which wasn't that great either, but that's a different story.
    I'm sure he's a nice bloke really...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    If you think I'm some bloke who used to get on the board, and are going to be a complete ***** to me all the time, then why dont you just stop ******* repying to my posts?
    He had a nasty experience in a Bangkok bar and now he automatically assumes every woman he encounters will turn out to be a geezer. Just play along and don't let it get to you. He's nearly finished the therapy and will be back to normal - which wasn't that great either, but that's a different story.

Leave a comment:

• Judge Fred
    replied
    Leave it MF.

I have to say AtW. There's a certain amount of Freddy about you!! and I don't mean Mercury. More like Kruger.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Don't you know anything?

Odd IP's are assigned to men and even ones to women.

Where were you on the 1st day at uni?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X