• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How many people in the UK on £50k have got £60k spare cash for a deposit?"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    Crazy.
    Cassandra.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    When the bubble bursts and a lot of people lose jobs, even more get salary cuts, then lifes of them all (and some will lose lifes due to stress) will be far more than few madmen who would kill innocent people from their guns. Actually

if almost everyone carried firearms then such incidents would be very limited - the person would get gunned down very quickly by members of the public, knowing that these crazy scum won't cause much damage: they only can when others are unarmed.
    Crazy.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I used my Thardis. The answer is 879232 people. But two of these are about to be fired and four more people are getting a rise tomorrow. Mr Paul Smythe of Doncaster who is an IT Consultant for Accenture and working on a project in Leeds will die tomorrow at 8.52am in a car crash just outside the office. Miss Paula Johnson who will also be involved will lose her job as a result of being late for the sixth time this quarter, but as she only earns 24k per year is not included in this figure.

Now that is an end to the matter.

hth

Threaded

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    A cleaner at the Bank of England.

women like that are like gold dust, where did you get her?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Forumbore
    That is a lot of money for a cleaner
    A cleaner at the Bank of England.

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    That is amazing, what does she do ?
    I can't ever imagine having that much money, or buying a house...
    That is a lot of money for a cleaner

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    Are you not a contractor? Won't be long

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    My wifes bonus is over £100K pa.

Every little helps.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I think I gained it actually - a lot of things are pretty clear to me now.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    AtW has lost his mind and I claim my five Roubles.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The price you sell your house at does not.
    When the bubble bursts and a lot of people lose jobs, even more get salary cuts, then lifes of them all (and some will lose lifes due to stress) will be far more than few madmen who would kill innocent people from their guns. Actually

if almost everyone carried firearms then such incidents would be very limited - the person would get gunned down very quickly by members of the public, knowing that these crazy scum won't cause much damage: they only can when others are unarmed.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    My wifes bonus is over £100K pa.

Every little helps.

Leave a comment:

• zamzummim
    replied
    Back to the original question ... many people on 50K p.a have very very good bonuses (some get a bonus that is more than their annual salary). Also there are a lot of people who took the risk a few years ago on a house investment and managed to have at least 50K profit.

I think quite a few people have the deposit you mentioned ...

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Some things has got to be regulated - for example I am strongly pro-gun ownership, but I am sure against having guns purchased with a fake driving license by anyone, it has to be regulated.

Take banks - they are regulated pretty heavily: they have limits set by central banks to ensure they do not take too much risk as the whole economy can collapse in cases when big bubbles are build.

Have you forgotten 2000-2002 already? I remember how people on this board were bitter about not being able to find contract for 18 months, and why did that happen? Because unregulated bubble was build and it burst, same is happening now on a much bigger level as home ownership in this country is very high.
    Exactly. Some things have got to be regulated. And some things do not have to be regulated.

Gun ownership does, because there is danger to life otherwise. The price you sell your house at does not.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    "I don't like it, but that is no reason why it should be illegal". No, I don't suppose that makes sense to you. Sigh.
    Some things has got to be regulated - for example I am strongly pro-gun ownership, but I am sure against having guns purchased with a fake driving license by anyone, it has to be regulated.

Take banks - they are regulated pretty heavily: they have limits set by central banks to ensure they do not take too much risk as the whole economy can collapse in cases when big bubbles are build.

Have you forgotten 2000-2002 already? I remember how people on this board were bitter about not being able to find contract for 18 months, and why did that happen? Because unregulated bubble was build and it burst, same is happening now on a much bigger level as home ownership in this country is very high.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X