• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Leave role off CV...?"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Chutley View Post
    Yep, a nutless monkey could do what I do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWpeOjJTDWQ
    I should have phrased it slightly better but you just need to point out the internal resource has the required skills and was cheaper than you.

Leave a comment:

• Chutley
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    No need to lie then as they found an internal resource without a job to do in the company to replace you.
    Yep, a nutless monkey could do what I do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWpeOjJTDWQ

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Chutley View Post
    Thanks for the advice from those who gave. Decided that since it will be 3-months, to leave it on the CV. I'm being replaced by an Operations Manager anyway, so have built the story along lines of asked to get the Programme to Go Live and then handed over. Job done - nearly honest, gets the subject dealt with quickly. Now just got to go and find another gig...
    No need to lie then as they found an internal resource without a job to do in the company to replace you.

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    So you've had 4 gigs in two years as a "programme manager". With all due respect, what kind of programmes are you managing? BBC Childrens TV? One simply does not have more than one gig in two years. You can't do much in six months. I wouldn't be worrying about a three month hole. It's the fact you've had 4 gigs in two years that will be a problem. If I was you, I'd select my next gig based on longevity alone, you need to have some longer gigs in there.

Leave a comment:

• Chutley
    replied
    Thanks for the advice from those who gave. Decided that since it will be 3-months, to leave it on the CV. I'm being replaced by an Operations Manager anyway, so have built the story along lines of asked to get the Programme to Go Live and then handed over. Job done - nearly honest, gets the subject dealt with quickly. Now just got to go and find another gig...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Nah Gumbo isn't part of that stable.

Places he mentions are different.
    Gumbo got killed in ID2

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Link any better now?
    Indeed it is, many thanks

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Top one didn't seem to resolve for me, bud

The other one provided a convincing lead, however.
    Link any better now?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Per the links I posted, I think you're wrong and so did/do the mods
    Top one didn't seem to resolve for me, bud

The other one provided a convincing lead, however.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

Per the links I posted, I think you're wrong and so did/do the mods

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied

All of them share something very in common though, they don't half spout a load of BS

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Na....Its Scroaty / Buggeridge / Phil Rouge / Plantswoman

To name but a few

Unless Gumbo was part of that stable?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    If you get caught lying to a client (or potential client) then you will lose any credibility that you have - you only have to get someone at a new site who knows you to let it slip and there will be questions (rightly) asked.

Personally, I'd include it - you just need to be able to explain what happened and why you left. Put some decent spin on it and you'll be fine.

Absolutely this.

Leave a comment:

• Mincepie
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Contractors don't get fired.
    Knew this was coming

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Eyes sharper than mine, well played, sir!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X