• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Quick lawnmower question"

Collapse

• The Plantswoman
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    It'll be fine - lawnmower engines have such large (engineering) tolerances (mostly) they will run on Paraffin / White Spirit. The 2-stroke oil will offer additional upper-cylinder lubricant and plug might run a little cooler.
    Thanks for the advice.

I'm off to fire up the Hayter & will soon be reclining with a g&t in hand enjoying the aroma of freshly cut grass.

Have a fab weekend!

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY
    Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    Why don't you use a hand lawn mower and get rid of your unsightly, overgrown, undercarriage?

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
    Believe me, my formative years were spent as a stable girl & consequently I have triceps that would give me no problem in tearing your head off your scrawny little body!

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Believe me, my formative years were spent as a stable girl & consequently I have a large wizard's sleeve
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

• The Plantswoman
    replied
    Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    Why don't you use a hand lawn mower and get rid of your bingo wings?
    Believe me, my formative years were spent as a stable girl & consequently I have triceps that would give me no problem in tearing your head off your scrawny little body!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Your garden hasn't been on the receiving end of 2-strokes in years.

Leave it to grow wild I reckon and mitigate the risk
    It worked for Team GB women cycling Rio 2016: 13 lesser-spotted oddities of the Olympics - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Why don't you use a hand lawn mower and get rid of your bingo wings?

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    At 25:1 then it will smoke a lot.

It's only a few weeks old. Used the rest of the can getting a particularly stubborn bonfire going a while back.

Har! Har!
    It'll be fine - lawnmower engines have such large (engineering) tolerances (mostly) they will run on Paraffin / White Spirit. The 2-stroke oil will offer additional upper-cylinder lubricant and plug might run a little cooler.

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    Yes, no problem - at 40:1 / 50:1 it might smoke a little. More important is how fresh the fuel is?
    cutting grass that's so last year, rip the lot up and put some artificial down and sell the mower.

same here, just gonna smoke like a good un but it won't hurt it

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Yes, no problem - at 40:1 / 50:1 it might smoke a little. More important is how fresh the fuel is?
    It will smoke a lot, and you need to mix it with regular fuel, ideally. Otherwise you're looking at new sparks and worst case scenario, cylinder damage.

Leave a comment:

• The Plantswoman
    replied
    At 25:1 then it will smoke a lot.

It's only a few weeks old. Used the rest of the can getting a particularly stubborn bonfire going a while back.

Har! Har!
    Last edited by The Plantswoman; 26 August 2016, 13:45.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Can't be bothered to take the jerry can up the local garage tonight.

Can I put 2 stroke ready-mix for the strimmer in a 4 stroke mower or will bad things happen if I do?

I know it's lazy but I want a quick turnaround tonight so I can enjoy the dying embers of the day's sunshine reclining with a g&t in my steamer

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Plantswoman
    started a topic Quick lawnmower question

Quick lawnmower question

Can't be bothered to take the jerry can up the local garage tonight.

Can I put 2 stroke ready-mix for the strimmer in a 4 stroke mower or will bad things happen if I do?

I know it's lazy but I want a quick turnaround tonight so I can enjoy the dying embers of the day's sunshine reclining with a g&t in my steamer

Working...
X