• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Summer's Over ?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Summer's Over ?"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
    Well, thanks for the vote of coincidence 👳
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• The Plantswoman
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Well (s)he sounds OK, although I notice Malcolm Buggeridge was banned on 13th Aug, and Plantswoman first posted on 15th, i.e. the next working day.

But although understandably we get paranoid about sockies, we're probably discussing a perfectly genuine new poster!
    Well, thanks for the vote of confidence 👳

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by covbob View Post

Could be. My first thought was yet another incarnation of Gittins Gal, The Janner Miss Tanner etc (was that Wuzel? I forget).
    Well (s)he sounds OK, although I notice Malcolm Buggeridge was banned on 13th Aug, and Plantswoman first posted on 15th, i.e. the next working day.

But although understandably we get paranoid about sockies, we're probably discussing a perfectly genuine new poster!

Leave a comment:

• covbob
    replied
    I generally give new posters the benefit of the doubt, and take them at face value, but the breezy style seems vaguely reminiscent of he Malcolm Buggeridge stable.
    Could be. My first thought was yet another incarnation of Gittins Gal, The Janner Miss Tanner etc (was that Wuzel? I forget).

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    +1

I would prefer that obnoxious gimp to be perma banned, if the Mods can be arsed about it.
    You need to be more specific, that description covers a great many on here (including my humble self when the occasion allows). Come to think of it, if "obnoxious gimps" are to be banned there'll be hardly any feckers left. Where's the fun in that?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I can't bring myself to get that worked up about a forum.

Aren't you someone's crap sockie anyway? Pot, kettle...etc.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    +1

I would prefer that obnoxious gimp to be perma banned, if the Mods can be arsed about it.

I can't bring myself to get that worked up about a forum.

Aren't you someone's crap sockie anyway? Pot, kettle...etc.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    +1

I'd like to see this made the official CUK response to FLC's posts actually.

+1

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    The response you were looking for is "Piss off" (not to Owly, to FLC)

+1

I'd like to see this made the official CUK response to FLC's posts actually.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nah. I'm on perm holiday now.
    Ah, the politically correct term...

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    My summer finishes September the 7th

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I generally give new posters the benefit of the doubt, and take them at face value, but the breezy style seems vaguely reminiscent of he Malcolm Buggeridge stable.

Leave a comment:

• SunnyInHades
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Cheer up, it's only 131 days until Christmas
    The long wind down to the 'big day' is now in full swing.
    Forget any contract renewals/wins between now and March 2017 as hirers are now in Christmas mode.

Monday 1 Aug 2016
    Selfridges have today revealed their ‘summer Christmas shop’
    forth floor has been transformed into a ‘Shine on’ winter wonderland with 50,000 decorations on display
    2016 opening is the world’s earliest
    will be further expanded in autumn

Some photos from 2 weeks ago..

Last edited by SunnyInHades; 16 August 2016, 17:38.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
    Actually hubby, dogs and gee-gee variety
    The response you were looking for is "Piss off" (not to Owly, to FLC)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X