• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: f'kin agents!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "f'kin agents!"

Collapse

• spankmebono
    replied
    Well, shoot me

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by spankmebono
    Really, you think he is that old ?

Assumed because of the childish nasty abuse he was under 30. Though I guess being a Genesis, ooops, Marillion fan might give it away.
    No I don't. Nor desperate. Nor after a man. I'm just seeing who responds to a stirring. He didn't, you did. Hmm.

Leave a comment:

• spankmebono
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    I'd wager the opposite is true.

(male, 52, desperate for a man???)

Really, you think he is that old ?

Assumed because of the childish nasty abuse he was under 30. Though I guess being a Genesis, ooops, Marillion fan might give it away.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Well spank. I have to go to my contract now. It's what grown ups do.

See if you can post another 100 today, turn a couple of contracts down, play with yourself some more and then tell the missus you've been ever so busy phoning agents - but they're bastards really, you're in for a couple, turned one down because it didnt pay enough and tell her how depressed you are. She'll understand.

Tell us all about it when she leaves you for a bloke with a job.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Oh your wit and wisdom MF.

How can I cope ?

MF = female, 25, desperate for a man
    I'd wager the opposite is true.

(male, 52, desperate for a man???)

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    (Tip - change the font colour to black for one or two of the letters in a dodgy word - swear filter will ignore it. That way you can call your pimp a useless wanker whenever you like)
    It's more fun to tunnel past the Americanness: if you can't say merchant bankers at least you can say tulip arse bollocks

Leave a comment:

• spankmebono
    replied
    Oh your wit and wisdom MF.

How can I cope ?

MF = female, 25, desperate for a man

Leave a comment:

• HankWangford
    replied
    Who (not in India) works for 13k a year ?
    my wife....but it's only p/t

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I give you a couple more days b4 you revert

Trust you to be able to spell an idiots name correctly.

Leave a comment:

• spankmebono
    replied
    That spelling is fab MF, must serve you well cleaning the toilets at Burger King.

OOps, I forgot you don't clean them they use you to wipe their @rses on. Save the fecking trees

BTW It's Clouseau

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "Dont know what they are maining about". Are you inspector closeaue

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy
    'Cos he doesn't want you to find out (or guess) what the client is willing to pay him.

If I were to hazard a guess he's looking to get a number of asking rates and he'll choose the lowest to submit - it makes FA difference to the rate he'll charge the client. As its a 'junior' role (he reasons) you'll only need to be able to type stuff into MS Project and turn up for the many, many meetings on time so it doesn't really matter if the best candidate gets the job.

Or is it just me???
    Ask him/her for the junior spec and see how he responds. That way you'll know if it really is a junior role or whether they consider you cheap labour for disporportionately high EB fees.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Poles? Hungarians?

I just found out how much I am giong to be paying the people in a new warehouse I am going to be opening. £2.58 an hour. On a 40 hour week that barely registers for tax (if it were in the UK).

Dont know what they are maining about..I only get marginally more than that

Leave a comment:

• Dobra
    replied

Leave a comment:

• spankmebono
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X