• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Jesus wept

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jesus wept"

Collapse

• RasputinDude
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Is it cos I am an agent?

It seems everything else from misogyny to religion to race is fair game on CUK but "depression" is not. Perhaps this tells us something about CUK posters?
    Not because you're an agent

Maybe because "depression" is a sickness? Seriously, there is so much stigma attached to mental disease which means that people don't seek help when they should.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Is it cos I am an agent?

It seems everything else from misogyny to religion to race is fair game on CUK but "depression" is not. Perhaps this tells us something about CUK posters?
    Depression is an illness you don't laugh at illnesses. There has been on occasions posters who have posted on here very worrying things so the admins have to do their job and direct them to practical help.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Is it cos I am an agent?

It seems everything else from misogyny to religion to race is fair game on CUK but "depression" is not. Perhaps this tells us something about General CUK posters?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Could someone remind me why everyone is ganging up against DA?
    Is it cos I am an agent?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
    Because mental health is massive killer and his comment shows a shocking lack of empathy?
    I see. Who else is looking forward to seeing the Best Poster of the year banned?

Leave a comment:

• RasputinDude
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Because mental health is massive killer and his comment shows a shocking lack of empathy?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RasputinDude
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    FTFY
    I thank you

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Exactly. These lot aren't depressed, they're deranged. Big difference. Some are cheerfully deranged.
    I would wager that many on here suffer from depression

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I spend all day on here FFS
    Exactly. These lot aren't depressed, they're deranged. Big difference. Some are cheerfully deranged.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    He's not an idiot, he doesn't know nothing about the disease, good for him.
    A disease is something you pick up from a club in Thailand

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Ridiculous comment. I take it you've never known anyone with (proper) depression?

I spend all day on here FFS

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    When I had my 2 breakdowns 99.9% of CUKers had one.

HTH
    My timing belt went in 2004. Never buying another Fiat.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    He does lack empathy though.

Even if you are ignorant about a disease it doesn't mean you should have an empathy bypass.
    When I had my 2 breakdowns 99.9% of CUKers had one.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    He's not an idiot, he doesn't know nothing about the disease, good for him.
    He does lack empathy though.

Even if you are ignorant about a disease it doesn't mean you should have an empathy bypass.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X