• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How much have you lost because of brexit."

Collapse

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So if you say it's not too difficult on one hand, but on another you can't leave without permission - what's the problem if it's easily obtainable?
    WTF should we have to ask permission from other countries?

You are clearly a fan of SDC.
    Last edited by GB9; 11 July 2016, 07:11.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Defence spending may drop after Brexit - parliamentary committee - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    So if you say it's not too difficult on one hand, but on another you can't leave without permission - what's the problem if it's easily obtainable?
    We cancel the direct debit, and wait for the awkward phone call...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    Well there's 31 of them now so it shouldn't be difficult, but it just shows the mentality of the EU to say you can't leave without their permission, we never even voted to join them.

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    Apparently from April 2017 it would be necessary to get 14 EU members approval to exit EU.
    Well there's 31 of them now so it shouldn't be difficult, but it just shows the mentality of the EU to say you can't leave without their permission, we never even voted to join them.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    Exactly, we are abandoning a sinking ship. Retaining close ties would have resulted in us declining with them.
    If the EU ship is sinking then why it is UK currency that took a dive?

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Gosh you people are so erm.... uneducated....

pound is still higher against euro because euro has fallen too! A LOT

Having such dumb electorate it should have never been a referendum. Stupid Cameron
    Exactly, we are abandoning a sinking ship. Retaining close ties would have resulted in us declining with them.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Are you really, really serious?

The rate is compared to what it was trading at pre-Brexit for quite a while.

It's like saying, 'if only my horse had won, I would have been rich'. If only, if only.......
    We know that when market thought Remain won GBP gobe up to 1.50 - befor that market was pricing in loss, so level of 1.50 seems given in event of Remain win, that is pretty certain - we also know how low it dropped after Leave won, so comparing the two is what gives the difference between two options, why are you stupud to understand it?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It happened, yes, but the losses are not one off - they will be continious, just like gains for some lucky people

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    obviously rate should be compared with what it would have been in event of bremain - certainly over 1.50, my guess between that and 1.60
    Are you really, really serious?

The rate is compared to what it was trading at pre-Brexit for quite a while.

It's like saying, 'if only my horse had won, I would have been rich'. If only, if only.......

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    FFS are you guys still here?

It happened move in.

Warm it up Kane.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    El ATW agrees with El-Erian

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Very reasonable, plus once article 50 invoked sterling would drop 10 cents more
    Yes, something along these lines, although I don't think it will wait for Article 50 and IIRC most valuation models are suggesting an over-valuation of between 2 and 8% from current levels. OTOH, you have some analysts (e.g. El-Erian) suggesting an eventual deterioration to parity, which seems totally implausible to me. TBH, I wouldn't be surprised to see an upwards correction if the BoE don't act on Thursday or go with the FLS rather than rates or QE, but an eventual move to 1.25 in the coming months. At that level, it's going to need more concrete evidence of a worsening economy or entrenched negotiating positions to decline further. Don't forget that many were predicting an instant move to 1.2 on Brexit. Anyway, much speculation. If I've learned anything watching Cable, it's that it's bloody unpredictable.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    It was largely priced in according to most analysts (and I agree). Seems reasonable to compare, say, 1.52 vs. 1.3 or 15%.
    Very reasonable, plus once article 50 invoked sterling would drop 10 cents more

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    obviously rate should be compared with what it would have been in event of bremain - certainly over 1.50, my guess between that and 1.60
    It was largely priced in according to most analysts (and I agree). Seems reasonable to compare, say, 1.52 vs. 1.3 or 15%.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X