• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Enough already. Lets fire up Article 50"

Collapse

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    I thought the Brexiteers wanted to leave Europe and embrace the world?
    DOesn't look like the grassroots want to embrace the Ch**ys, P*k*s and N*g*ers
    Brand UK is becoming toxic both on an economic and political level - google the headlines around the world.
    How can anyone in their right mind want to invest here?
    It's true.

Leave a comment:

• Milkyway
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    As one of the French ministers hinted restriction of movement might be on the cards, I think the EU is wilting.

Check out Newsnight BBC yesterday.
    This won't sell well in France with La Pen and co.
    She will have no value if this idea worked!

I don't think this idea will fly at all.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    FFS. Lighten the f**k up homie. Yo.
    Irony not your strong point?
    Have you got a point to make about what I've said?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Ironing is your strong point?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Well that's a large bunch of racist rhetoric isn't it.

Nasty little man.
    Irony not your strong point?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Nasty little man.
    FFS. Lighten the f**k up homie. Yo.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Brand UK is becoming toxic both on an economic and political level - google the headlines around the world.

Nasty little man.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    As one of the French ministers hinted restriction of movement might be on the cards, I think the EU is wilting.

My agent hinted I might get a rate rise/extension

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Well we could just keep article 50 dangling over the heads of the EU to try and leverage some better deals....

Also given the shocking rise in racism apparently would we actually qualify for EU entry were we in a position to join?

Maybe it is for the best we are not?

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by sirja View Post
    The whole plan of Boris and co was 'Vote No to get Yes'. They wanted to use a No vote as leverage to get more concessions from the EU. The EU have now called their bluff (As many of us said they would ) and now they are in a bind. They know that there is NO WAY they can invoke article 50 without firm guarantees in place for the city of London. The EU (Paris and Frankfurt) can't wait to get all the Euro transaction business from London. No Tory PM wants to go down as the one who gave away London's status as a premier global financial center.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Well we could just keep article 50 dangling over the heads of the EU to try and leverage some better deals....

Also given the shocking rise in racism apparently would we actually qualify for EU entry were we in a position to join?

Maybe it is for the best we are not?

Leave a comment:

• sirja
    replied
    Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
    Invoking article 50?? It will never happen.

There is no concrete plan for post-brexit. We can see all sorts of reneges happening right now from all quarters of the leaver leads - NHS investment, immigration, etc.

No one knows what is in store after invoking Article 50, especially with new trade deals with Non-eu, the time it will take to secure them, and even if there are deals to be made to access the EU single market - there is this serious fear about how to deal with the freedom of labour that needs to be allowed in one form or the other.

We will remain as full EU members for a long time to come, and I am talking about decades here.
    The whole plan of Boris and co was 'Vote No to get Yes'. They wanted to use a No vote as leverage to get more concessions from the EU. The EU have now called their bluff (As many of us said they would ) and now they are in a bind. They know that there is NO WAY they can invoke article 50 without firm guarantees in place for the city of London. The EU (Paris and Frankfurt) can't wait to get all the Euro transaction business from London. No Tory PM wants to go down as the one who gave away London's status as a premier global financial center.

Leave a comment:

• Milkyway
    replied
    Invoking article 50?? It will never happen.

There is no concrete plan for post-brexit. We can see all sorts of reneges happening right now from all quarters of the leaver leads - NHS investment, immigration, etc.

No one knows what is in store after invoking Article 50, especially with new trade deals with Non-eu, the time it will take to secure them, and even if there are deals to be made to access the EU single market - there is this serious fear about how to deal with the freedom of labour that needs to be allowed in one form or the other.

We will remain as full EU members for a long time to come, and I am talking about decades here.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    We have reached Peak Cretin in Britain. They are now in the majority.
    And the cretins have told us what to do.
    So lets fire up Article 50 and get the process underway of impoverishing and dismantling Britain.
    Once the cretins' leaders grow a pair, that is ....

I don't much care, I'll be trying to make wine in my little farmhouse in the Douro in 5-10 years (and failing no doubt)
    Off there in 2 weeks as it goes
    I suppose the Euro is close to parity with the pound now?
    You have a farmhouse in Douro!!!
    Your wine must be poison.

Terrorist alert

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
    Bizzarely, much as I dislike him, I think Gove would be the right man for the job. He may not be personable but he is extremely intelligent, has a strong resolve, and doesn't seem to care what experts think.
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X