• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sturgeon threatens to veto Brexit"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    There you go...

Alex Salmond: Scottish Parliament cannot block Brexit

I am seeing a slight bit of animosity directed at Sturgeon for hijacking the remain votes in Scotland like they are votes for her. I don't think they have thought this through, I think they are starting to back off a bit.
    I think you'll find that he said exactly what she said, but never mind

She said that it would be unlikely that the Scottish parliament would pass a motion giving legislative consent. The guy interviewing her was the one who kept saying she was 'blocking brexit'.

Keep it up though, we couldn't go spoiling a newspaper headline or thread title.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    There is a good piece on the BBC website about what Scotland xan and can't do, written by the BBC's Scottish Political Editor.

I can't post a link from here unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    She can't block anything and she knows it.

Sturgeon is throwing this out to cause ill feeling.
    There you go...

Alex Salmond: Scottish Parliament cannot block Brexit

I am seeing a slight bit of animosity directed at Sturgeon for hijacking the remain votes in Scotland like they are votes for her. I don't think they have thought this through, I think they are starting to back off a bit.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Shortbread
    The Proclaimers
    Andy Murray
    Billy Connolly
    We will take the shortbread and Billy the others can jog on...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Donald Trump’s Brexit tweet is beautiful Twitter | Fusion

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    2 words. Barnett Formula.
    What has Scotland given us, except a dish consisting of a sheep stomach stuffed with something far worse, some mostly foul tasting whisky and the Krankies? Not exactly what I'd call a subsidy...
    Shortbread
    The Proclaimers
    Andy Murray
    Billy Connolly

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Hahahahahaha

I said it before, bye bye England and the shower of tulip in Westminster. I thought folks on here were more intelligent, Labour and Tories in meltdown, Brexiter's wanting a rethink.

Do your research, Scotland has been subsidising the rest of the UK for decades if not 300 years, good luck surviving when we leave this sorry excuse for an island.
    2 words. Barnett Formula.
    What has Scotland given us, except a dish consisting of a sheep stomach stuffed with something far worse, some mostly foul tasting whisky and the Krankies? Not exactly what I'd call a subsidy...

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Hahahahahaha

I said it before, bye bye England and the shower of tulip in Westminster. I thought folks on here were more intelligent, Labour and Tories in meltdown, Brexiter's wanting a rethink.

Do your research, Scotland has been subsidising the rest of the UK for decades if not 300 years, good luck surviving when we leave this sorry excuse for an island.
    Yes, Scotland does receive an unfair share of public spending. Probably | Coffee House

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    I value your experience
    And I value you as a human being but I have other patients to look after too.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Bless. Care in the community is a wonderful thing.
    I value your experience

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Hahahahahaha

Bless. Care in the community is a wonderful thing.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    He's right, I want my money back.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Hahahahahaha

They are claiming that you guys won't point to the devolution acts.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Hahahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Surely its in her interest to not block it? By allowing it to go through she has the excuse to take Scotland independent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X