• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The failed brexit camp laid bare"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    And if it's Remain you can have lots of parties.
    I'll be drowning my sorrows - loss of extra income from Sterling devaluation ...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    We are fooked m8.

It's high time to stockpile Guiness - people will kill for it after Brexit...
    And if it's Remain you can have lots of parties.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    It wasn't a decision, it was a fook up - Camoron used it to stop UKIP and he was not expected to actually go through with it, at least not that early when the economy is not doing well.
    ^this

But the great unwashed will use it as an opportunity for fook-up^2

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    And a good job too. Next thing you now we'd have riff raff spending our wealth for a huge turnip.
    Turnip that looks like a thingy...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I didn't think about Guinness.

I blame Corbyn. Labour ought to be able to win over the so-called working class, not that there is such a thing in the 21st century, but Corbyn seems even more out of touch with ordinary people than Cameron. And that just opens the door for the likes of Nasty Nige.
    Well Corbyn is only interested in people who are already in his own tent.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Throughout world history the interests of ordinary people have never mattered.
    And a good job too. Next thing you now we'd have riff raff spending our wealth for a huge turnip.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    We are fooked m8.

It's high time to stockpile Guiness - people will kill for it after Brexit...

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Working classes will pay dearly for it - a pint of Carling will be at least £10. I am off to pub to drink Guiness whilst they still sell it here...

I blame Corbyn. Labour ought to be able to win over the so-called working class, not that there is such a thing in the 21st century, but Corbyn seems even more out of touch with ordinary people than Cameron. And that just opens the door for the likes of Nasty Nige.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Not any more. Let's face it, this was another one of Gidiot's hamfisted political ploys and Dave only went along with it because he expected a coalition, at best.
    Yup.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    It is though.

The rich decided we were to have a referendum in the first place to stop other rich folk gaining power.
    Not any more. Let's face it, this was another one of Gidiot's hamfisted political ploys and Dave only went along with it because he expected a coalition, at best.

Now that we have it, they're rather surprised about the reality on the ground. In working class areas. You can argue that they're wrong, misinformed, that the poorest in society always suffer the most from an economic downturn - I don't think many would dispute that - but, from where I'm standing, working class communities seem to be saying that they have little left to lose. When Gidiot joined the political dots in his colouring book before the GE, he forgot to connect the dot between Tory austerity and the referendum as an expression of bottom-up power. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The rich decided we were to have a referendum in the first place to stop other rich folk gaining power.
    It wasn't a decision, it was a fook up - Camoron used it to stop UKIP and he was not expected to actually go through with it, at least not that early when the economy is not doing well.

Working classes will pay dearly for it - a pint of Carling will be at least £10. I am off to pub to drink Guiness whilst they still sell it here...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You'd better inform the working classes
    I've hired prime time TV slots for this final informercial -

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    You'd better inform the working classes, because they don't believe you. Perhaps it's because they're too ignorant and prefer to parrot the views of the Murdoch press?

The rich determine the climate, outside or inside the EU, so it's no surprise when they're able to withstand any weather. This isn't about the rich.
    It is though.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    If the Biriths elite (ie the rich) lose a lot of money, who do you think they'd make up for the loss, workers from Germany or workers from UK? If the rich lose half of their money because Sterling will half in value then they would still be pretty rich, where as workers will be fooked.
    You'd better inform the working classes, because they don't believe you. Perhaps it's because they're too ignorant and prefer to parrot the views of the Murdoch press?

The rich determine the climate, outside or inside the EU, so it's no surprise when they're able to withstand any weather. This isn't about the rich.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    There's a reason that Hamface and Gidiot are plugging the line that Brexit is for the rich, namely that they know precisely the opposite is true, and they're worried. Word on the street in traditional, working class, Labour communities is, er, different than expected.
    If the British elite (ie the rich) lose a lot of money, who do you think they'd make up for the loss, workers from Germany or workers from UK? If the rich lose half of their money because Sterling will half in value then they would still be pretty rich, where as workers will be fooked.
    Last edited by AtW; 19 June 2016, 17:45.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X