• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "For globalised house price fanatic"

Collapse

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Interesting that Australia and Canada seem to be so high when they have infinite amounts of space for a relatively small population. Whereas here apparently prices are rocketing because of over-crowding.
    Most of Australia is sand and dirt. It is curious though.

Cheap debt = expensive prices?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Found this, quite interesting tool and data.

Location, location, location: Global house prices | The Economist
    Interesting that Australia and Canada seem to be so high when they have infinite amounts of space for a relatively small population. Whereas here apparently prices are rocketing because of over-crowding.

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Here lies the answer....

or

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    How much will your house be worth in 2030? Map of UK house price forecasts | Daily Mail Online

Good news!

In the year 2030 all our houses are going to be worth millions! It is true, it is in the Daily Mail!

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by unemployed View Post
    i don`t relish the thought of working to pay for something i could have paid 2/3 less for back in 2008.
    Here lies the answer....

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    You know it's crazy when Lutonistan has one of the fastest growing house prices in England.

Property prices skyrocket in towns near London | Money | The Guardian

Lol

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    The really worrying thing is that the South West is now as expensive as London if you want a decent pad. there are still tulip holes for 250k but you wouldn't want to park your contractor-mobile out the front of them...
    You know it's crazy when Lutonistan has one of the fastest growing house prices in England.

Property prices skyrocket in towns near London | Money | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    The really worrying thing is that the South West is now as expensive as London if you want a decent pad. there are still tulip holes for 250k but you wouldn't want to park your contractor-mobile out the front of them...

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Not a bit. As you may recall, I sympathise with the plight of young people priced out of the property market, and I think people with the attitude you sketch are out of touch, stupid, smug old gits.
    Sorry I lose track. [emoji109]🏾 appreciate the empathy.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    but houses only go up ??
    It's called:

The AtW Effect™

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Well done [emoji106]🏾 can you now tell me that I am lazy, need to put my new iWhatsit down, and work harder, as property is only going up and prices are cheap right now. That would be great.
    Not a bit. As you may recall, I sympathise with the plight of young people priced out of the property market, and I think people with the attitude you sketch are out of touch, stupid, smug old gits.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Good man! Hopefully to some dumb foreign "investor" who will eventually lose most of their money.
    To a rich young investor for cash, who then spent £80K doing it up beautifully in marble and granite and God knows what, but was then clobbered with a £40K service charge share to renovate the building and replace the roof, which wiped out his profit and then some

It was then on the market for over a year, and he had to reduce the asking price by £30K. But he recently told me he has now managed to flog it to some rich Chinese guy, and was relieved to be shot of the place.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    but houses only go up ??
    Until you buy, then they crash, then you will be told you are an idiot that should have saw it coming. [emoji48]

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Good man! Hopefully to some dumb foreign "investor" who will eventually lose most of their money.
    but houses only go up ??

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Already done it, and no mortgage now! Caught pretty much the top of the crazy central London market.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X