• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "EU Commission Backs Visa-Free Travel throughout EU For 80 Million Turks"

Collapse

• dx4100
    replied
    so much FUD

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Thanks for proving my point.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    There is no visa-free travel within the EU. There is for the Schengen zone (ie most of it) but Britain and Ireland aren't in that so visas still need.

In any case Turks have always had hassle-free visa access to UK under the ECAA Ankara Agreement...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Freedom to not live with a bunch of foreign Islamic terrorists without the ability to deport them. I might not love my government, but I support them 100% in deporting scum like that.
    Nah, that got nothing to do with basic freedoms.

I also support Govt in deporting scum, however it's totally false to think that EU is the main reason for failure of Govt to deport them or put them in jail, there is no need for EU exit for this to happen - more terrorist attacks happen no in continental EU, the consensus will move very soon against that scum, just need to be patient.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    AtW, are you a British citizen?
    Yes matey.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    AtW, are you a British citizen?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Ah, so you are talking about not YOUR freedoms, but freedoms of state to do various things which would ignore individual freedoms, such as deporting somebody to place where they would face fortune or death.

I think it's very good that EU is limiting freedoms of UK Govt, if those terrorists are breaking any laws in UK then they should be jailed under UK laws or not allowed into the country in the first place.

I've come to conclusion that UK Govt is totally untrusted and should never have final say on matters affecting citizens, so for UK to be part of EU is awesome. It's also great for UK Govt - gives them great excuse to blame EU for their own incompetence.

On a business side the argument is rock solid - for trade to be in EU is much better for UK than being outside.
    Yes my freedoms!

Freedom to not live with a bunch of foreign Islamic terrorists without the ability to deport them. I might not love my government, but I support them 100% in deporting scum like that.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Well it was pretty bloody hard to get rid of Abu what's his face (hook). How about the loss of freedom to deport Islamic terrorists.
    Ah, so you are talking about not YOUR freedoms, but freedoms of state to do various things which would ignore individual freedoms, such as deporting somebody to place where they would face fortune or death.

I think it's very good that EU is limiting freedoms of UK Govt, if those terrorists are breaking any laws in UK then they should be jailed under UK laws or not allowed into the country in the first place.

I've come to conclusion that UK Govt is totally untrusted and should never have final say on matters affecting citizens, so for UK to be part of EU is awesome. It's also great for UK Govt - gives them great excuse to blame EU for their own incompetence.

On a business side the argument is rock solid - for trade to be in EU is much better for UK than being outside.
    Last edited by AtW; 4 May 2016, 18:07.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Ok, we've established that you specifically did NOT lost any freedoms.

Do you PERSONALLY know anybody who did and which freedoms were lost?

IMHO the main restriction to freedoms comes solely from UK Govt - you can't buy a CS gas for self-defense in this country because laws class it as "firearm", so my freedom to self-defend myself even with CS gas is massively reduced, NOT because of EU.

From top of my head the worst thing EU did so far was making UK sites display retarded warning about cookies being used, that's total BS and it's currently being reviewed in EU.
    Well it was pretty bloody hard to get rid of Abu what's his face (hook).

How about the loss of freedom to deport Islamic terrorists.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I think you miss the point I am not talking about me specifically I am talking about the people of the UK allowing our freedoms to be dictated to us by a central European power
    Ok, we've established that you specifically did NOT lost any freedoms.

Do you PERSONALLY know anybody who did and which freedoms were lost?

IMHO the main restriction to freedoms comes solely from UK Govt - you can't buy a CS gas for self-defense in this country because laws class it as "firearm", so my freedom to self-defend myself even with CS gas is massively reduced, NOT because of EU.

From top of my head the worst thing EU did so far was making UK sites display retarded warning about cookies being used, that's total BS and it's currently being reviewed in EU.
    Last edited by AtW; 4 May 2016, 17:22.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Which freedom exactly did they take from you specifically?
    I think you miss the point I am not talking about me specifically I am talking about the people of the UK allowing our freedoms to be dictated to us by a central European power

And right now if we vote in we are saying that that is fine.

It is actually fook all to do with immigration but as we are a small island and therefore have less resources than a large continental landmass - like Europe say, it means we need to ensure that we have secured our borders and we only let people in who can be productive members of society.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    They've been using the race card for years.

It's Tony Blair's fault for opting out of the 10 year waiver on Eastern Europeans. Germany opted out FFS.

We are full. Please Foxtrot Oscar.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Eh?
    Anyone who thinks our borders should not be dictated by Merkel, and managed by Turkey is clearly a racist.

Simples.

The inners are using the race card if anyone dares mention borders or immigration.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Anyone who thinks our borders should not be managed by dictated by Merkel and managed by Turkey is clearly a racist.
    Eh?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X