• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "eastern European contract rates"

Collapse

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I have just tried to persuade a Bulgarian software test automation framework developer to take a permie job in the Uk at £50 k a year. "Shoe in" I thought - great skills, he will be cheap as you like desperate to work here - so I thought. He then tells me it is not enough and would need to be earning closer to £100k per year to make it worth his while! He tells me he gets E4500 after tax working as a contractor in Sofia

Never one to miss an opportunity does anyone fancy a gig in eastern Europe?
    For once I can sympathise with you (only very slightly and on this particular point).......

I got 3 quotes for a piece of Mobile App development work. Cheapest one was a junior dev in London, then slightly higher it was a local very experienced dev. Finally the Romanian dev quoted me 3 times the price of the next most expensive!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I have a few lined for you Atw. I told them you have a special "scheme" for reducing tax and they are champing at the bit
    Does it involve an insurance scam involving an allegedly faulty coffee machine?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    UK is too high tax, high living costs country.

It's just not worth moving to UK from mainland EU where more opportunities for work will be available.

DOOMED!
    I have a few lined for you Atw. I told them you have a special "scheme" for reducing tax and they are champing at the bit

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    UK is too high tax, high living costs country.

It's just not worth moving to UK from mainland EU where more opportunities for work will be available.

DOOMED!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If you reduced your cut from 50% to 10% they would get £90k. At least you still get £10k.

I really should become an agent....
    You will require gel and polish and I can teach you "agent speek"

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    If you reduced your cut from 50% to 10% they would get £90k. At least you still get £10k.

I really should become an agent....

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I wouldn't mind, but all I get are pitches from Poland at £180/pd......

Bulgarian langauge has articles but no cases, making it unique for a Slavic language. Interesting or what?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post

Bulgarian langauge has articles but no cases, making it unique for a Slavic language. Interesting or what?
    They are just after cheap British "bobs" at half the rates they pay their own people

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Per year?
    Month

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    What does unemployed do ?
    seat warmer .

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    What does unemployed do ?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I have just tried to persuade a Bulgarian software test automation framework developer to take a permie job in the Uk at £50 k a year. "Shoe in" I thought - great skills, he will be cheap as you like desperate to work here - so I thought. He then tells me it is not enough and would need to be earning closer to £100k per year to make it worth his while! He tells me he gets E4500 after tax working as a contractor in Sofia

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    He tells me he gets E4500 after tax working as a contractor in Sofia
    Per year?

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied

He obviously knows you need 300k a year to live in london

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    started a topic eastern European contract rates

eastern European contract rates

Working...
X