• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor Fired...A Few Minutes Ago"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    In mid 2000 when .CON bubble crashed we had new tester being made redudant on the first day he started due to cutbacks.

Leave a comment:

• hattra
    replied
    About a year ago, we had a contractor fired after less that 3 days - I don't think security had even got round to setting up an account for him - never did find out why, either

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    "Hes a total waste of space...incorrect skills, missing deadlines and a total pain to deal with. Been complaining about him constantly, they keep giving him 'second chances'. at the end of the day as PM it will be 'my' projects that fail cos of him!"

Is his name Mordac by any chance?
    Cheeky c**t.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    So speaks a £6 p/h Milan style printer monkey.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet
    one of the permies got sacked from my last contracting gig

2 so far at this one

all 3 for being crap
    Been there got the t-shirt.

The last place I was at kicked me out on my arse for picking my nose. That was the offical reason. The real reason is that my manager was scared that I just wiped the floor with him work wise. He had nothing that wasnt "lets do the same as we did last time".

Anyway for the indignity of being sacked I did a number on thier IT system. I personally didnt. They did. Its not my fault that all the applications I developed for them in my own spare time that were not part of my job were left in my user area. Its not my fault that they kept running them and didnt delete them from the system as I had asked them. It is however my fault that a certain text file was reoved from my web server causing these programs to go a bit loopy and start corrupting data. Nothing serious, but I wouldnt like to re-enter 3 yeasrs of run sheet information (only 123,000 records).

Revenge is best served cold, with a hint or f**k them. Yes they probably could have sued me but I'd like to prove them that it was me after all the programs and my web server are all provided without warranty and as it

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    one of the permies got sacked from my last contracting gig

2 so far at this one

all 3 for being crap

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    In my last 2 years of contracting I've seen 3 contractors sacked,

1 for being cr*p and insisting on wearing her ruck sack on her chest rather than back.

1 because the rest of the team didnt like him

1 for leaving some password hacker thing running from his work PC over the weekend. The banks own IT security spotted it, they waited for him to come to his desk then security and someone from HR came and man handled him from his desk.

Ive never seen a permy sacked no matter how cr*p

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Alexei I keep telling you, those are deep fried Mars Bars...

I don't know... I think this obsession with Glaswegian girls has gone too far....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Don't play warcraft mate, too busy finding a vault for my gold bars.

hth

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "AtW, have you ever had a real girlfriend?"

Of course. Isnt Warcraft real?

AtW

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    E. Not pretty

^^^^^^^^

If she was very pretty, stunning even then A-D would not matter.
    AtW, have you ever had a real girlfriend?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by premiere
    Turns out she was:

A. Useless
    B. Clearly didn't know what she claimed she knew on her CV
    C. In the 3 weeks she was here, was off sick 4 times (a single day each time)
    D. Aggressive in a client meeting
    E. Not pretty

^^^^^^^^

If she was very pretty, stunning even then A-D would not matter.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "Hes a total waste of space...incorrect skills, missing deadlines and a total pain to deal with. Been complaining about him constantly, they keep giving him 'second chances'. at the end of the day as PM it will be 'my' projects that fail cos of him!"

Is his name Mordac by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Originally posted by Meerkat
    ....I'm a contract PM.....
    .....it will be 'my' projects that fail cos of him!
    You sound like a permie to me.....

Leave a comment:

• Meerkat
    replied
    If only

Wish i could get the contractor working with me fired. I'm a contract PM, we were both hired in to finish off loads of projects that the permies couldn't/didn't have time to complete, with him being my 'techie' . Hes a total waste of space...incorrect skills, missing deadlines and a total pain to deal with. Been complaining about him constantly, they keep giving him 'second chances'. at the end of the day as PM it will be 'my' projects that fail cos of him!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X