• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "TVR ceases production in the UK"

Collapse

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Engine Work

Originally posted by hyperD
    I just hope if I have to get any work done on my speed 6 engine that it doesn't have to be shipped out to Poland or something. That'll be a little inconvenient.
    TVR Power Would be the place to go. They've always done a lot of performance work for the factory and I can recommend them.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Villa on Cyprus will be my guess... cheap ones available on the demarkation zone. Of course there are minefields around, but hey, we risk every day, so why bother?

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Are you off to Milanbenes land as well DP? Any specific location in mind?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Good luck to them. I hope to join them soon.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    hardly matters, I can't afford one anyway.

With the high coporate taxes and increasing tax burden imposed by GB..this is probably the first of a flood of companies moving out.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Well, hopefully TVR's sales will collapse and ruin the t0sser owner.

Leave a comment:

• Darren@UptonAccountants
    replied
    Nissan

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
    Why do you say that? I thought the Nissan factory was the most efficient in Europe?
    They're already planing to evacuate Washington for cooler climate in Eastern Europe!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    TVR is gone.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    I don't blame them. Can you imagine running a manufacturing plant here with all the legislation, corp taxes, HR, H&S, unions and dumb arsed employees?
    I don't blame the new owners either. TVR were also very "man labour" heavy. If their competitors were doing it, it was inevitable they would have to follow suit.

They need to repair their bad reliability myth and improve their customer relations while they're at it.

I feel sorry for some of the chaps their that will lose their jobs. It was very much a "man and boy" business with sons following their fathers. Not sure "dumb arsed" should be applied to them though!

If you wanted someone to build your car you would chose these chaps rather than some baseball cap wearing, KFC chomping, knuckle-dragging grease monkey that couldn't give a sh1t...
    Last edited by hyperD; 18 October 2006, 15:40.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I don't blame them. Can you imagine running a manufacturing plant here with all the legislation, corp taxes, HR, H&S, unions and dumb arsed employees?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Many months ago I predicted they would move to Eastern Europe like Noble.

I just hope if I have to get any work done on my speed 6 engine that it doesn't have to be shipped out to Poland or something. That'll be a little inconvenient.

I think TVRCraft (UK indy) can now do engine work.

They'll probably try and keep the British marque by having an old lady sitting in a shed stitching the TVR labels into the steering wheel or something in Blackpool.

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    haven't nissan just got a new car to build to ensuring production for x number of years in the future..
    I guess he biggest factor is the price of the pound and subsidies..maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
    Why do you say that? I thought the Nissan factory was the most efficient in Europe?

soon to be the most efficient factory in eastern Europe

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    Not be long before Nissan heads out as well.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    They should have stuck to V8's. It's the AJP 6 problems that did for them. IIRC something like 70% of Tuscans built before 2002 have had engine rebuilds, most of them done by the factory for free. Shame - as the AJP 8 especially the 4.5 is a monster engine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X