• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "You know how annoying it is when..."

Collapse

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    I'd love to offer advice but I don't get sacked.
    You haven't even seen Santas sack

Leave a comment:

• Would rather not be named
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Good read that!

LD, on facebook and tbh the person didn't much lke salespeople either which makes me wonder lol. My sales wasn't that extensive and it's a bit dishonest for my liking...but my home city is full of these types of roles.
    Last edited by Would rather not be named; 14 December 2015, 19:49.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Would rather not be named View Post
    You know how annoying it is when you get put forward or contacted for the same role by different agencies. Pretty standard.

Imagine that a level up i.e. you failed a while back via agency a and you also got the opp with agency b sometime down the line. So far so mundane...

My story however...bet people can't top this tale of woe lol. An assignment comes to an end in odd circs, 3 days training and 2 days work. I thought I was doing ok but somebody clearly differed. But that's not the half of it...from this agency now twice they have contacted me about a role, another consultant...guess which role it is, the same role I got the old heave ho from this very same agency...confused I sure am you should be!

This happened to anyone before? Same agency putting you forward for same role you were sacked from within only 2-3 months...or is someone taking the p?
    There are probably a few clues in here What’s the deal with IT recruitment agencies? | Fasttrack Recruitment

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by Would rather not be named View Post
    Tbh it wasn't IT or such it was something sales based so...they hire and fire rapidly. Use agencies and as an employer you get great perks.

LucidDementia reminds me of someone...someone based on his posting style. Someone I knew in real life or on fb at least posting style seems similar...but I am sure it isn't!

Which one is it? Real life or FacePlant?

I don't mix much with spivs salespeople so seems unlikely.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Tbh it wasn't IT or such it was something sales based so...they hire and fire rapidly. Use agencies and as an employer you get great perks.

LucidDementia reminds me of someone...someone based on his posting style. Someone I knew in real life or on fb at least posting style seems similar...but I am sure it isn't!
    Last edited by Would rather not be named; 14 December 2015, 16:34.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    How bad do you have to be to be sacked in this game? Turn up every day, spend 8 hours on CUK, go home, invoice and repeat. It's obviously what everyone else is doing.

Leave a comment:

replied

Your sig says it all.

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    I'd love to offer advice but I don't get sacked.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Well this is true yeah but a role you've been sacked from via same agency lol? Bit crap/nuts/desperate who knows.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I am niche so quite often get approached by three or four agencies for the same role, the best was I was approached to apply for a role I had just turned down an extension for.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Remember an agent would sell their grandmother if they could make money.

Leave a comment:

started a topic You know how annoying it is when...

You know how annoying it is when...

You know how annoying it is when you get put forward or contacted for the same role by different agencies. Pretty standard.

Imagine that a level up i.e. you failed a while back via agency a and you also got the opp with agency b sometime down the line. So far so mundane...

My story however...bet people can't top this tale of woe lol. An assignment comes to an end in odd circs, 3 days training and 2 days work. I thought I was doing ok but somebody clearly differed. But that's not the half of it...from this agency now twice they have contacted me about a role, another consultant...guess which role it is, the same role I got the old heave ho from this very same agency...confused I sure am you should be!

This happened to anyone before? Same agency putting you forward for same role you were sacked from within only 2-3 months...or is someone taking the p?
    Last edited by Would rather not be named; 14 December 2015, 16:03.

Working...
X