• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Life insurance

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Life insurance"

Collapse

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Dead peasant insurance is where it is at.

If you worked for Walmart they wwould take out a life insurance policy for you. Only you would not get the payout, they were betting on your death. Sort of.

Dead Peasant Insurance : snopes.com

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Is you sure? Insurance is for something that might happen whereas assurance is for something that is certain to happen. This means you could get life insurance against your death due to an accident whereas you would get life assurance because you know you're going to die. In most countries, apart from the UK and it's territories it tends to be called insurance, i.e. Lebensversicherung
    I agree. And yet the result in both examples given is the same. No ifs no buts death will happen whether you planned it or not, so calling it 'life insurance' is weird.

'Term insurance' is the proper name for a policy that remains active after the term is serviced. i.e. your death.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    There's no such thing as life insurance. Life assurance maybe...

What you're looking for is called 'term insurance', something that pays out should something happen to the bread winner?
    Is you sure? Insurance is for something that might happen whereas assurance is for something that is certain to happen. This means you could get life insurance against your death due to an accident whereas you would get life assurance because you know you're going to die. In most countries, apart from the UK and it's territories it tends to be called insurance, i.e. Lebensversicherung

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Legal & General - Putting your policy in trust

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone have life insurance for them and other half? I'm looking into getting individual policies for my wife and I and wanted to know if we would be able to put the policies into a trust half way the policy.

VC
    I am asuming it iw term assurance. Generall you should be able to wrap it in trust via an expression of wish whilst they policy is live.

I am assuming you are looking at this from a point of iht planning so some advice may be sensible.

one providers info which may help is linked above.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Also beware an IFA who tries to sells a product attached to another. You're only after one product.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

What you're looking for is called 'term insurance', something that pays out should something happen to the bread winner?
    & watch out for policies that get "reviewed" as you get older - meaning the 200k get reduced to 150k

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Speak to an IFA

Leave a comment:

• newmove
    replied
    Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone have life insurance for them and other half? I'm looking into getting individual policies for my wife and I and wanted to know if we would be able to put the policies into a trust half way the policy.

VC
    This is supposed to be called life assurance because it's definitely going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• VillageContractor
    started a topic Life insurance

Life insurance

Hi,

VC

Working...
X