• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Telegraph article joint income of £190k and can't save anything"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    ‘We earn £190K a year. Should we sell a child so we can buy another flat?’

Snigger.

Leave a comment:

• teapot418
    replied
    INKSPE

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Just don't 'poor' your heart out in the Torygraph!
    Put it on CUK! We are always sympathetic.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If your taxation all of sudden goes up by 30% then I think at the very least one gets the right to whine about it...

Just don't 'poor' your heart out in the Torygraph!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    As ridiculous as some IT contractors on 700 pd complaining about dividend tax and IR35 .
    If your taxation all of sudden goes up by 30% then I think at the very least one gets the right to whine about it...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Thing is - many good folk on here are making the sweet dollars - but it's one thing to make the dollars, another thing entirely to claim poverty. Such a couple of muppets. Is this the result of living in the London bubble?
    Indeed. I think there are many who live in a CUK bubble.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Telegraph article joint income of £190k and can't save anything

Thing is - many good folk on here are making the sweet dollars - but it's one thing to make the dollars, another thing entirely to claim poverty. Such a couple of muppets. Is this the result of living in the London bubble?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Can't believe the number of comments!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Adam and Megan Brownson mocked at not being able to afford private school | Daily Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/8608588

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Telegraph article joint income of £190k and can't save anything

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    That's what I thought and came up with 3 x possibilities,

1. They want to be able to boast about the combined take home.
    2. They are actually pretty dumb and a bit out of touch.
    3. They didn't approve the article before it was published or signed away their rights approve it and didn't realise it would be so bad.

I noticed they edited the article since yesterday and changed the pic to cut out the kids which they should of done in the first place.
    Ah yes, the edits are interesting, wouldn't have been done for no reason...
    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 20 November 2015, 18:22.

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    The thing I can't get my head round is why would you ever put yourself out there like that in the first place? Even if you are only just a high rate tax payer, there will be a good amount of folk to line up and tell you how it is in the real world!
    That's what I thought and came up with 3 x possibilities,

1. They want to be able to boast about the combined take home.
    2. They are actually pretty dumb and a bit out of touch.
    3. They didn't approve the article before it was published or signed away their rights approve it and didn't realise it would be so bad.

I noticed they edited the article since yesterday and changed the pic to cut out the kids which they should of done in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    The thing I can't get my head round is why would you ever put yourself out there like that in the first place? Even if you are only just a high rate tax payer, there will be a good amount of folk to line up and tell you how it is in the real world!

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    As ridiculous as some IT contractors on 700 pd complaining about dividend tax and IR35 .

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Ridiculous story, my heart bleeds for them!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X