• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Got a new adaptor for my iPhone 6s"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    And half the price of the Porsche!

I know, as a contractor, cost is irrelevant...

You'd be surprised. Base price of the Dynamic petrol model £43k. By the time you've added the options you're easily over £50k. Not worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    We tried that one too. Very nice. Again small things mattered most. Like our knees hitting the seat in front or the navigation system, so slow and graphics that belong in a dialup bulletin board.
    And half the price of the Porsche!

I know, as a contractor, cost is irrelevant...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I must confess that I really like the Evoque. Friend just bought a Honda 4x4 thingy and it just has no class. Said he considered LR but bought Honda based on stories he's heard about LR unreliability.

I might just stick with my almost-as-unreliable-as-Porsche Audi
    We tried that one too. Very nice. Again small things mattered most. Like our knees hitting the seat in front or the navigation system, so slow and graphics that belong in a dialup bulletin board.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Interesting indeed. Why the neighbour's failed twice over I've no idea but would have left then stranded were they out in the country.
    I must confess that I really like the Evoque. Friend just bought a Honda 4x4 thingy and it just has no class. Said he considered LR but bought Honda based on stories he's heard about LR unreliability.

I might just stick with my almost-as-unreliable-as-Porsche Audi

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Interesting... Porsche scores lower than Land Rover

Honda named UK's most reliable used car manufacturer 2015 - What Car?

Interesting indeed. Why the neighbour's failed twice over I've no idea but would have left then stranded were they out in the country.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Cars are more reliable if you drive them like a 70 year old, which the owners of most Honda, Volvo and Toyota cars are....

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    In a word 'reliability'

Leave a comment:

• Mincepie
    replied
    Bravo!!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

What makes RR Sport not something to be proud of?
    You can only drive a RR Sport if you've appeared on Cowboy Builders and look like this:

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You numpty - it was free valet and detailing, full service...
    Feel so stupid now! Oh well

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    We considered it. However having seen the neighbours RR towed away twice this year already we thought no thank you. Which was a pity as we liked everything else about it.
    You numpty - it was free valet and detailing, full service...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It's also OK!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

In a word 'reliability'

We considered it. However having seen the neighbours RR towed away twice this year already we thought no thank you. Which was a pity as we liked everything else about it.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Finally a contractor this board can be proud of!

Roll on the good times...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I nearly ordered a Macan last year until the receptionist at the Porsche dealer decided to put me in my place by telling me that I mis-pronounced the name of the car.

Glad I didn't want to buy a neun elf then!
    We tried it out for a day, too small but wow fun to drive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X