• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Selling car dilemma"

Collapse

• Archangel
    replied
    I'd send it to auction and sleep soundly

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    I traded in one of the original Audi TTs after 3 years, hardly had a problem, new owner called me after 3 months saying it had been in the garage for 2 months, 4 different faults. I don't normally consider changing until a problem arises then I trade it in and it's the dealers problem.
    Last edited by BigRed; 17 November 2015, 22:25.

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Chap in the office sold a dodgy car that kept cutting out on motorway to gipsy family, Another guy asked what would happen if the family died in an accident

Then they won't come back asking for a refund will they !!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Just hypothetical. It could be wheel bearings, iffy clutch or oil consumption etc, something you 'knew' was wrong but joe public wouldnt.
    If the car is old then unless the person is a fool they can expect things wrong with it.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If people don't get a proper survey first then f**k em.
    Hmmm. I can understand the sentiment if you're selling a more expensive car but selling one under a grand I think would be a bit different.

Just my opinion though.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Just hypothetical. It could be wheel bearings, iffy clutch or oil consumption etc, something you 'knew' was wrong but joe public wouldnt.
    If people don't get a proper survey first then f**k em.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What is the fault?

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    4, advertise car and reduce price down because of fault and disclose fault to potential buyers

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    4 - brutal honesty

But having to deal with the General Public, fookwittery & tyre kickers

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    What is the fault?

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    started a topic Selling car dilemma

Selling car dilemma

Got talking to colleagues at work about pros and cons of selling their car privately.

Conversation developed into one of would you disclose a known fault in with the car if not asked by a private buyer. This led to a number of scenarios;

1, advertise car for 'normal' value and dont disclose fault even if asked
    2, advertise car for 'normal' value and only disclose fault if asked
    3, advertise car and reduce price down because of fault but dont disclose it if asked or not
    4, advertise car and reduce price down because of fault and disclose fault to potential buyers

I went for option 4. No one went for option 1.

What would you do?

Oh, ask Andy's mum isnt an option!

Working...
X