• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone dumb enough to be a TalkTalk customer?"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Could be quite fun pestering them for a change. From El Reg:

Here's hoping that someone finds a way to prove that TalkTalk have breached their side of the contract on that one,
    Yeh and nothing has been said what will happen when the accounts start being breached, further down the line.
    Sometimes, details are passed on to be used later.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Hopefully this means an end to the pestilence of Talk Talk sales people that hang around the local shops, jumping in front of you arms waving when you go to get a pint of milk.
    Could be quite fun pestering them for a change. From El Reg:

Additional information provided by TalkTalk suggests there are three requirements before current customers will be allowed to cancel their contracts:
    • You have had money taken from your account without your consent and you have incurred a financial loss as as result.
    • The money was taken on or after the 21st October 2015.
    • You have contacted Action Fraud and obtained a Crime Reference Number.

TalkTalk additionally is accepting no liability for other possible expenses customers may have to bear as a result of the breach.
    Here's hoping that someone finds a way to prove that TalkTalk have breached their side of the contract on that one,

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Anyone have any experience with Zen Internet Ltd?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It was a 15 year old boy from Northern Ireland who did it!

I just heard it now. Not sure if it's true.

Boy, 15, arrested in Northern Ireland in connection with TalkTalk hack - BBC News
    Bloody foreigners coming over here and stealing our data!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Listening to the fall out from the Talk Talk hack, and many customers are up in arms that they have lost money due to the hack.

In transpires that they all have one thing in common, they all willingly gave their bank details to anonymous caller after being offered a refund, or put in another way they thought they were getting something for nothing. I wonder how many people would have given their details if they were just asking to check the details they held were correct? I would imagine almost none.

Moral of the story, you can't con an honest man!

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Paddy Ahmed O'Stalin is due to stand trial next week pal.
    Hang the fecker

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    What happened to the Russian Islamic group that done it, or, is the boy a member?

Paddy Ahmed O'Stalin is due to stand trial next week pal.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Hopefully this means an end to the pestilence of Talk Talk sales people that hang around the local shops, jumping in front of you arms waving when you go to get a pint of milk.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    It was a 15 year old boy from Northern Ireland who did it!

I just heard it now. Not sure if it's true.

Boy, 15, arrested in Northern Ireland in connection with TalkTalk hack - BBC News
    What happened to the Russian Islamic group that done it, or, is the boy a member?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Little Bobby Tables

Leave a comment:

• lexington_spurs
    replied
    Some of the "experts" in the media admitted they where former criminals like this boy.

BTW I was right guessing it was a 15 year old......
    Well played indeed.

Bearing in mind the number of 15 year olds available to talk talk in their numerous offshore service centres there can be no excuse.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    And that boy could not have sold the data already?

I wonder what are the chances that the boy got Aspergers...
    Some of the "experts" in the media admitted they where former criminals like this boy.

BTW I was right guessing it was a 15 year old......
    Last edited by SueEllen; 26 October 2015, 21:32.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I wonder how many customers of the 'I had my bank account emptied!' variety are going to go quiet now?
    And that boy could not have sold the data already?

I wonder what are the chances that the boy got Aspergers...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    It's all about resourcing. Police cut backs and human rights make it awkward to crack a few heads these days. Welcome to compensation nation.
    Indeed. Police just wants to issue crime number for insurance companies to pay (or not).

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I wonder how many customers of the 'I had my bank account emptied!' variety are going to go quiet now?
    Hopefully they won't as these scams to be out in the open so more people are aware of them and won't full prey to them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X