• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Question time last night."

Collapse

• Angela_D
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    I can't stand Hazel Blears either. An utterly useless bureaucratic parasite of the very first order who talks so much, so very much but says absolutely nothing - and certainly never does anything - can't do anything.
    She is smarmy, fake, thick, patronising. This one will go far.

I'm downloading the show. Will be careful not to kick the screen in. Available at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...me/5362992.stm
    if you're interested.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by vista
    He optimises the self-serving, selfish PC twats that tick me off no end. His ilk sits there and has a pop at people for being intolerant and bigoted as if this reaction vindicates his bleeding heart views about tolerance etc, just because he's all for tolerance etc doesn't mean that this view is correct.
    Do you mean "optimises"?

Can't cope with Question Time these days as the audience seem to get more and more stupid with each show. I think they're choosing them to make the politicians seem intelligent.

Leave a comment:

• vista
    replied
    Oh Dear

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    Ian Hislop was on form again I see. I loved his tongue in cheek advice to Oliver Letwin.

To paraphrase him :

"Are you sure it's a good idea for Cameron to model himself quite so much on Tony Blair. Blair is probably the most hated political has-been in Britain. Do you not sometimes wonder that immitating an unsuccessful political party might not really be the best way to achieve success."

Hislop what a c nut

He optimises the self-serving, selfish PC twats that tick me off no end. His ilk sits there and has a pop at people for being intolerant and bigoted as if this reaction vindicates his bleeding heart views about tolerance etc, just because he's all for tolerance etc doesn't mean that this view is correct.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    No but I understand

Originally posted by Flubster
    Are you available for weddings?

he 'goes down' a treat at 'civil ceremonies'.

Leave a comment:

• Jobberwacky
    replied
    Only if you need someone to get completely smashed and smother
    the sherry trifle over bride's firm young body.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Is this the first ever CUK on-line proposal?

How romantic.

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Originally posted by Jobberwacky
    But while there’s music and moonlight and love and romance
    Let’s face the music and dance

Leave a comment:

• Jobberwacky
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong
    Oh, don't get me started . . . that stupid half-smirk all the feckin' time.

Shirley Williams comments from the US about a possible Iran invasion were chilling; something along the lines of "we're not saying we are going to attack Iran, but the chances of it not happening are about one in three".

There maybe trouble ahead . . .
    But while there’s music and moonlight and love and romance
    Let’s face the music and dance

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Bloody Blears - I can't stand the woman either. I think she is some kind of alien. She looks like she has a mask on as to not give away any feelings - 24hr poker face.

I was suprised how easy a ride she got in contrast to the fairly rough ride Letwin got. Letwin comes over as a bumbling toff.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by wonderwaif
    I put my foot through the screen every time I see that smug feckwit Blears on it
    Oh, don't get me started . . . that stupid half-smirk all the feckin' time.

Shirley Williams comments from the US about a possible Iran invasion were chilling; something along the lines of "we're not saying we are going to attack Iran, but the chances of it not happening are about one in three".

There maybe trouble ahead . . .

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    I can't stand Hazel Blears either. An utterly useless bureaucratic parasite of the very first order who talks so much, so very much but says absolutely nothing - and certainly never does anything - can't do anything.

Leave a comment:

• wonderwaif
    replied
    Where can I buy a cheap TV?

I put my foot through the screen every time I see that smug feckwit Blears on it

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Probably one of the best QTs in recent times. Plenty of banter...nice mix of anti-Islamic heckling from the audience (why are we pampering to their needs, etc).

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    started a topic Question time last night.

Question time last night.

Ian Hislop was on form again I see. I loved his tongue in cheek advice to Oliver Letwin.

To paraphrase him :

"Are you sure it's a good idea for Cameron to model himself quite so much on Tony Blair. Blair is probably the most hated political has-been in Britain. Do you not sometimes wonder that immitating an unsuccessful political party might not really be the best way to achieve success."

Working...
X