• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jose Mourinho sacked"

Collapse

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Called it!

You are a legend ATW.

Or have you created a thread for every football manager just in case?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Called it!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Cannot disagree with that...

he definitely does not come from the "we will score more goals than you" school of management
    From what I've read in the last 24 hours, Fergie has finally come round to the idea of Mourinho. I think the uninspiring 1-0 over Villa and Van Gaal claiming that Villa were defensively well-organised did it for him.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I think on top of that Van Gaal plays too negatively. You can be sat behind the goal there watching channels open up with good off the ball runs but nobody risking making a run into the channel. Very frustrating.
    Cannot disagree with that...

he definitely does not come from the "we will score more goals than you" school of management

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    good question!

taking Roonster out of the equation next 2 top scorers are Martial and Rashford...

not sure who we would buy is the problem - either or both could waste £100 million on nowt...

maybe if we get the choosen one we can poach Hazard from Chelski - maybe
    I think on top of that Van Gaal plays too negatively. You can be sat behind the goal there watching channels open up with good off the ball runs but nobody risking making a run into the channel. Very frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    If that £27m bid from China is true, get him sold and have Zlat with Martial and Rashford.

The key thing is the manager though. What you need to think is this; if we've got £200m to spend this summer (allowing for £50-£80m from sales), then who would you rather spends it, Jose or Van Gaal?
    good question!

taking Roonster out of the equation next 2 top scorers are Martial and Rashford...

not sure who we would buy is the problem - either or both could waste £100 million on nowt...

maybe if we get the choosen one we can poach Hazard from Chelski - maybe

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    To be honest that was an unsaid part of my post...

although I think Rooney may still have a decent season left in him if the rest of the team start to play well....

the new Scholes I reckon

or he may just tank and we can sell him to someone for stoopid money
    If that £27m bid from China is true, get him sold and have Zlat with Martial and Rashford.

The key thing is the manager though. What you need to think is this; if we've got £200m to spend this summer (allowing for £50-£80m from sales), then who would you rather spends it, Jose or Van Gaal?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    New to Rooney?
    To be honest that was an unsaid part of my post...

although I think Rooney may still have a decent season left in him if the rest of the team start to play well....

the new Scholes I reckon

or he may just tank and we can sell him to someone for stoopid money

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Completely agree - the last thing UTD need right now is an aging superstar who expects the team to revolve around him.

But we shall see.
    New to Rooney?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    I've actually been enjoying this season because there are no teams that I despise so much that they make me froth at the mouth (apart from Spurs, obviously).

Looks like that's about to change

But, Zlatan at, what 35? Seriously? Don't think he's exactly been tested playing in the French league. Won't cut the mustard over here IMO.
    Completely agree - the last thing UTD need right now is an aging superstar who expects the team to revolve around him.

But we shall see.

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Him and Big Zlat already house-hunting in Cheshire.
    I've actually been enjoying this season because there are no teams that I despise so much that they make me froth at the mouth (apart from Spurs, obviously).

Looks like that's about to change

But, Zlatan at, what 35? Seriously? Don't think he's exactly been tested playing in the French league. Won't cut the mustard over here IMO.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Him and Big Zlat already house-hunting in Cheshire.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Jose Mourinho 'expects' to be offered Manchester United job

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Thought he had just left the worst team in the world?
    It was best paid job in the world (of football)...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Thought he had just left the worst team in the world?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X