• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Welcome to our newest member, stupidcontractor"

Collapse

• autodial
    replied
    Originally posted by Judge Fred
    "Might teach him a bit of humility..."

Yes. Humility Bob. I accept your apology.
    Your turn now Bob!

Leave a comment:

• Judge Fred
    replied
    "Might teach him a bit of humility..."

Yes. Humility Bob. I accept your apology.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge

And anyway, how are you Snaw? You don't seem to have been on the board for ages.
    Making me work for my money ... inconsiderate bastards.

Leave a comment:

• Pig
    replied
    Did look that way. But nevermind he got the job though nepotism he'll come down with big bump, just give it time. Meet his sort before "I know everything, so not going to listen".
    So who cares that he has a degree, probally brought ift off the net for $19.95 !!!!!!!!!
    And there's me here without a degree does that mean I am useless (well more than usually) But I'm earning sh*tloads so dont care!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    You said it

Originally posted by snaw
    Clearly I'm not worthy.

And anyway, how are you Snaw? You don't seem to have been on the board for ages.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by wonderwaif
    In between the banter there is a lot of experience on this board and pearls of wisdom are eventually offered to the worthy.
    Clearly I'm not worthy.

Leave a comment:

• wonderwaif
    replied
    I think my 1st says different Cowboy Bob.

I have noticed before how many of the contractors on here don't have degrees. I would have thought education and experience should go hand in hand, otherwise like me I assume you're just 'blagging it'?
    Whether a fellow contractor has a degree or not has never come up in any of the conversations I have ever had on a client site. It's not necessary as it doesn't take long to find out if someone is blagging it.
    In between the banter there is a lot of experience on this board and pearls of wisdom are eventually offered to the worthy.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Pig
    C'mon Cowboy leave the poor boy alone you know he knows best!! He's already spat has dummy out of his pram!!

Anyway with an attitude like that he is in for a long hard fall!!!!!!!

Now kiss and make up
    I think it might have been my comment about Accidenture that set him off. I say he deserves to work in that hell-hole if that's where he is. Might teach him a bit of humility...

Leave a comment:

• Pig
    replied
    C'mon Cowboy leave the poor boy alone you know he knows best!! He's already spat has dummy out of his pram!!

Anyway with an attitude like that he is in for a long hard fall!!!!!!!

Now kiss and make up

Leave a comment:

• autodial
    replied
    Oh dear! what a load of bull *****you are all spreading. Get a life - this boys got balls! dont knock him.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    I would have thought education and experience should go hand in hand?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    1997 - 1999 = Permie job
    By 1997 I made my first billion and ate all pies in the UK.

threaded.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "2003 - Present = Contracting"

Oh you're a newbie as well Bob.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    He's got a point there Bob. You're not one of those people who include time at school and programming with a ZX81 at home as experience are you?????
    Nope.

1997 - 1999 = Permie job
    1999 - 2000 = Freelance web-coder whilst doing MSc
    2000 - 2003 = Permie jobs
    2003 - Present = Contracting

10 years, right there (well 9.5 but I round up as I said elsewhere).

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    " If I'd have gone to university at 18, I'd have 14 years experience. Instead, I went out and got a life as well."

I think you need to count Bob. You completed your degree in 2 years did you. What a hopeless bulltulipter you are!
    September 1994 - July 1995 = Year 1
    September 1995 - July 1996 = Year 2
    September 1996 - July 1997 = Year 3

My God man, what do they teach kids at school and university these days...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X