• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nationwide BS House Price Index Aug 2015"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    "Buying in London? Try Battersea – there’s a proper property price crash going on there" according to Moneyweek Magazine

Buying in London? Try Battersea
    Moneyweek woman been talking up a crash for 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• Martin@AS Financial
    replied
    "Buying in London? Try Battersea – there’s a proper property price crash going on there" according to Moneyweek Magazine

Buying in London? Try Battersea

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Nationwide BS House Price Index Aug 2015

Fantastic news

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 10 September 2015, 21:14.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Feck, I was worried there for a split second that housing might become affordable again!

Last edited by Zero Liability; 10 September 2015, 20:41.

Leave a comment:

• Martin@AS Financial
    replied
    Latest report from Bloomberg:

"U.K. house prices will rise faster than previously anticipated this year and mortgage lenders, real-estate agents and industry bodies are warning the acute property shortage is set to worsen"

U.K. Housing Shortage Means No Letup in Property-Price Inflation - Bloomberg Business

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    If a house is on sale for £ 2 mln in Birmingham, there is every possibility its a chancer looking for mugs like you who will pay 10 times the market price.
    They've been looking for mugs for the last few years, those houses don't sell quickly here

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    If the house price had dropped dramatically after the crash, then it should be increasing in value a lot more than 6% this year

We were lucky to buy near the bottom of the market, and from people we knew were desperate to sell

So like my property which increased in value by about 35% in the nine months we've owned, it doesn't mean that is happening across the UK

It depends on the local area, and the relative value of the house to others in the area

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    What sort of tard would spend £2m on a house in Brum?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    OK, I call BS on this BS report.

Got the best kind of prove - anecdotal: a few houses I am tracking did not change the price over last few years, in fact most of them did not sell at all, the price was around £2 mln and still is now.

If a house is on sale for £ 2 mln in Birmingham, there is every possibility its a chancer looking for mugs like you who will pay 10 times the market price.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    OK, I call BS on this BS report.

Got the best kind of prove - anecdotal: a few houses I am tracking did not change the price over last few years, in fact most of them did not sell at all, the price was around £2 mln and still is now.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    RICS reporting overall rise of 6% on the year
    That's their projection for all of 2015, Halifax are showing a 9% increase on this time last year.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Since I'm benched currently, our house is likely to earn more than I will this year

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    RICS reporting overall rise of 6% on the year

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Do you send your other houses out to work too?
    No, they all work from home.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Excellent, my house is the main breadwinner in our family.

I'm glad this govt is doing everything to support "hardworking houses".
    Do you send your other houses out to work too?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X