• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Car insurance claims"

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    And for a purple gorilla such as yourself....?

Nah, from the looks of it the suspension is completely nadgered.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Actually I was offering the 3.0CS as the ultimate gangsta pimp wagon.
    And for a purple gorilla such as yourself....?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Car insurance claims

BMW contractor wagon:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...?atmobcid=soc3

Maybe the 6 is the ultimate pimpsta?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...?atmobcid=soc3
    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 10 August 2015, 21:20.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    I think his point was that you don't have to be a pimp to drive a beemer.

By way of example he showed an instance of a beemer that you wouldn't need to be a pimp to drive (you might need to be a blind, pished hairdressser after snorting coke but not a pimp)
    Actually I was offering the 3.0CS as the ultimate gangsta pimp wagon.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I think I might have to put this one through the insurance.

Nah, eBay a few bits and bobs and some Tcut, it will buff out I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    WWJCD

What would Jeremy Clarkson Drive?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I think I might have to put this one through the insurance.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yes you are correct that is a 3.0CS.

What is your point poster?
    I think his point was that you don't have to be a pimp to drive a beemer.

By way of example he showed an instance of a beemer that you wouldn't need to be a pimp to drive (you might need to be a blind, pished hairdressser after snorting coke but not a pimp)

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

BMW 3.0CS
    Yes you are correct that is a 3.0CS.

What is your point poster?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Car insurance claims

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought to drive a BMW you had to be a pimp?

BMW 3.0CS

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    If he were a real contractor he wouldn't be driving a bmw, "sport" or otherwise.
    Chauffeur driven limousine FTW

HTH

RealMF

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If you are a real contractor then you'd just get a new BMW...
    If he were a real contractor he wouldn't be driving a bmw, "sport" or otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
    OK, parked up the beemer sport at client co; heard some form a scraping as I parked up front end first. Got out, seems bottom of front spoiler scuffed the top of the kerb stone, thought nothing much about it. Happened before, nothing major. End of play, get in car, reversed out, more scraping but a bit more noticeable. Thinking it's just minor, drive home.

Parks up on drive, gets out of car. Checks underneath front end, and have damaged bottom of spoiler, plus (on closer inspection under front of the car), have damaged the under engine protective covering (don't know proper name) where it seems it bolts to the underside of front faring bit...several bits of bodywork/plastic faring torn off. Guess it's a case that car must have squatted down a bit as I got in (no I'm not overweight), causing faring to drop over rear lip of kerb stone, and that's where the main damage was done on reversing.

Expensive? Covered by fully comp insurance?
    It may be more cost effective not to go through the insurance. If the car isn't new I would get a quote from. Smart repair company, they can fix plastic bumpers. The bits which have come off most likely fix with plastic screws so probably available to buy off ebay etc. It may be 200-400 this way.

Through insurance at least 250 excess, then your policy will be re-rated for a claim, possibly adding hundreds to the premium for 5 yrs. As said above no claims protection only applies after risk calculated.

In summary insurance route cost at least 1000 pounds likely more, and if you change car for higher group even more again. Some (cheap) insurers will no longer even quote you.

Private repair probably less than 500
    Last edited by ZARDOZ; 9 August 2015, 12:50.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    A roll of duct tape or packing tape should fix it....

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    FTFY .... The reputation of BMW drivers is pretty secure due to the overwhelming quantity of them that belong to the middle and outside lane owners clubs and drive like utter arseholes.
    Sadly BMW drivers have lost that accolade to Audi drivers, and runners up wannabe VW drivers (usually Golf GTD - look my diesel can do 155mph and an inch from your rear bumper too!)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X