• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nationwide Building Society House Price Index July 2015"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    And 98% income tax and eye watering interest rates.

BBC NEWS | Politics | 1975 economic fears are laid bare

Will be a wake up call to the Facebook generation.
    It sounds bad, but in reality it helps control inflation - nobody gets lots of dosh, so can't afford to pay crazy prices for houses etc. Of course the inherited wealthy still ok, but that's how the system is designed.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Lightwave View Post
    I reckon rampant overpricing in the 'actually nobody can afford it' market...
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Lightwave
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The kind of house I am looking at did not change price over 2-3 years owners were trying to sell it at... I reckon deflation in premium market
    I reckon rampant overpricing in the 'actually nobody wants it that badly' market...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    As a person who has been a keen saver for decades and reaped the reward of a large fish in the face, I am jealous of you BTLers.

Know nothing of BTL, but half a mind to buy a house in the same street and rent mine out. Been living there 15 years so that would get around the BTL mortgage restrictions.
    Assuming you have a mortgage you have to get permission to rent it out.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    AtW, are you reading this
    The kind of house I am looking at did not change price over 2-3 years owners were trying to sell it at... I reckon deflation in premium market

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    As a person who has been a keen saver for decades and reaped the reward of a large fish in the face, I am jealous of you BTLers.

Know nothing of BTL, but half a mind to buy a house in the same street and rent mine out. Been living there 15 years so that would get around the BTL mortgage restrictions.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Isn't the simple solution to just buy 1000 houses and become super rich?

Rental income plus capital appreciation = millionaire in a few years.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Nationwide Building Society House Price Index July 2015

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    During the 70s house prices were static. But with inflation at 25% that counts as a crash.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    During the 70s house prices were static. But with inflation at 25% that counts as a crash.
    And 98% income tax and eye watering interest rates.

BBC NEWS | Politics | 1975 economic fears are laid bare

Will be a wake up call to the Facebook generation.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Investors in the property bonanza may have to find room for regret - Telegraph

Roger Bootle predicted a crash 12 years ago. We are still waiting. No crash until 2020 earliest....
    There was a bit of a crash in 2008

In fairness, not many predicted the ZIRP QE HTB HTB2 input.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Labour will bring in the crash. IMF bailout and 20% unemployment to look forward to.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Roger Bootle predicted a crash 12 years ago. We are still waiting. No crash until 2020 earliest....
    Labour will bring in the crash. IMF bailout and 20% unemployment to look forward to.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Not much use if you are renting the art is it?

Not if the piece is a fake.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    In other news London Art Dealer issues a statement revealing how the cost of Art is still going up.
    Not much use if you are renting the art is it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X