• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Spare money

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Spare money"

Collapse

• sal
    replied
    Real contractors don't have spare money, they invest everything in hookers and coke - memories for life

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Take inspiration from Lord Sewel

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Ok if we are being serious and you want to make real money

Sell everything, buy a but to let in an upcoming place in London £800k 2 bed flat, get someone In to cover as much mortgage as you can get away with

Wait 1 year sell for £1110k

Or buy so where tulipty and make a few grand a year at most
    I guess a butt to let would be around King's Cross?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Ok if we are being serious and you want to make real money

Sell everything, buy a but to let in an upcoming place in London £800k 2 bed flat, get someone In to cover as much mortgage as you can get away with

Wait 1 year sell for £1110k

Or buy so where tulipty and make a few grand a year at most

Leave a comment:

• Avalonia
    replied
    I don't have any BTLs but think about it occasionally. Everyone I know with BTLs has horror stories about tenants. I'm sticking to ISAs for now.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Avalonia View Post
    Pay off mortgage
    And miss out on all this lovely low interest debt?

No, get a portfolio of buy-2-lets and become a BTL King with a BTL Empire!

Don't let generation X, Y or Z get their grubby little hands on those houses people!

Leave a comment:

• Avalonia
    replied
    Pay off mortgage

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post
    Obviously this could go 1 of 2 ways and I'm looking for the more sensible option.

What do you guys do with the spare cash from contracting ? I'm considering buy to let as a long term investment.
    Ask Margaret Hodge to recommend an off-shore tax efficient investment.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Wow! What a great idea, I'm surprised no one has thought of that and posted several threads about this already....
    Nobody else got spare money

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post
    Obviously this could go 1 of 2 ways and I'm looking for the more sensible option.

What do you guys do with the spare cash from contracting ? I'm considering buy to let as a long term investment.
    Wow! What a great idea, I'm surprised no one has thought of that and posted several threads about this already....

Leave a comment:

• eddie1507
    started a topic Spare money

Spare money

Working...
X