• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Magpies on the Roof"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Pointless.

Magpies & other corvids, specifically in general, laugh at cats.
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    as do squirrels
    You need a killer then! Cat#1 makes short works of squirrels and any small birds. Seagulls are beyond it. But magpies and pigeons are no issue.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Pointless.

Magpies & other corvids, specifically in general, laugh at cats.
    as do squirrels

Leave a comment:

• TheLordDave
    replied
    I had 3 cats having a gangland war on my house roof the other night. Christ knows how they got up there.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Get a cat.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I was in my neighbour's conservatory the other day and they were fighting on the roof, it sounded like a B52 strike on an Iraqi village.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    Every morning at daybreak they're up there pecking at the veluxes and scurrying across the tiles.

Driving me insane.

One of them even got inside the window so it was wedged between the blind and the glass before it fell out into the room and went mental.

Got the blind up and flipped the window over to let it out before I got lacerated.

Don't know what it is that attracts them to the windows. Had a similar thing with rooks throwing themselves against the kitchen window a few years ago & came to the conclusion that they could see their own reflections & didn't like it.
    Magpies like socks

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    I'm sure they make good pies.

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    started a topic Magpies on the Roof

Magpies on the Roof

Every morning at daybreak they're up there pecking at the veluxes and scurrying across the tiles.

Driving me insane.

One of them even got inside the window so it was wedged between the blind and the glass before it fell out into the room and went mental.

Got the blind up and flipped the window over to let it out before I got lacerated.

Don't know what it is that attracts them to the windows. Had a similar thing with rooks throwing themselves against the kitchen window a few years ago & came to the conclusion that they could see their own reflections & didn't like it.

Working...
X