• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eurovision tonight!"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Mmmm

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    It says something when Australia can come in with a one off entry and finish pretty high up.

I kinda preferred the contest when it was full of eclectic songs rather than the current glut of pop or power ballad.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    and every German in the pub thought that the UK entry was the best
    Were you in some kind of pub for the deaf? It was absolutely terrible.

Some comfort is that we are no longer sacrificing 'national treasures' to be ship wrecked on this contest and are again putting up nobodies to be ridiculed.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Well that was a few hours of my life I'm never going to see again, what a farce. They said they changed the voting rules this year so that block voting couldn't happen but I think they were lying. I've never heard so many sub-standard power ballads in my life and there was nothing of interest except for the UK. For me personally I though Belgium were pretty good and every German in the pub thought that the UK entry was the best (and Germany, null punkt, the first time in 50 years.) The Eastern bloc countries can all **** off to their own contest from now on: Intervision Song Contest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I hope we can get back to a song contest next year and not have another 4 hour forced lecture on equal rights interspersed with browbeating the Russians on how great the EU is.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Ooh, he works out

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    A bit sad that we've got no friends at all.

Still, not complaining about the winner.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I might be too far down the bottle, but the Iceland lady's dress confused me

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Stanley Unwin I think...
    Well yes, but our resident GAL has made it his own.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Nigella - "deep deep joy" - did zeity write her script?
    Stanley Unwin I think...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Nigella - "deep deep joy" - did zeity write her script?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Well thanks very much Australia!

I thought our song was up there with the average at least.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Latvia douze points to Sweden - Putin ain't gonna be happy!
    Why do I get wound up with this every year lol!!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Latvia douze points to Sweden - Putin ain't gonna be happy!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    And we're off the blocks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X