• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Northern Powerhouse"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Sorry there's no money for the north, it's being spent on essential utilitarian infrastructure in London:

Nine Elms-to-Pimlico's £40m bridge designs unveiled - BBC News

True that is.. CrossRail, HS2, road tunnels under monuments. Yup.

Here we get mini-roundabouts which just popup here and there as traffic improvements. and white markings around the potholes. New bus facilities for the people who still bother to take the buses that don't quite go far enough.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Sorry there's no money for the north, it's being spent on essential utilitarian infrastructure in London:

Nine Elms-to-Pimlico's £40m bridge designs unveiled - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Its hilarious really. I met two guys in London once who were going to the "countryside" for the weekend. I enquired where. "Birmingham".
    True dat, I've spoken to people who work in Chester who've never been to Wales (which is almost next door) as it's abroad

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    What makes you w4nkers think that the only places in the north are Manchester and Liverpool?

MF - Have you ever taken your wife to the Yorkshire dales? North Y'shie moors? Dirty bastard, the best you had ever taken her up was your Oxo tower

Make Bradford the jewel of the North.
    Its hilarious really. I met two guys in London once who were going to the "countryside" for the weekend. I enquired where. "Birmingham".

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Need to shift the border to make sure Corby is included

Leave a comment:

• SunnyInHades
    replied
    #TakeUsWithYouScotland

"Thousands of people in the North of England have been using the hashtag "take us with you Scotland" to express their upset about the result of last week's general election, and the Scottish nationalists are welcoming this English minority with open arms."

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied

And get Gerald Ratner to do the marketing.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Reasons why I don't go back oop North
    1. It's cold
    2. It's grim
    3. Too many housing estates
    4. Liverpool
    5. The waiting in shops while the servers prattle on
    London is, without question, the dirtiest place in Britain. Walk in central London for an hour then blow your nose ....black.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    Is Central London populated by only hippies and lesbians?
    And twats. Never had a punt in Soho ?

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Central London = Hebden Bridge
    Is Central London populated by only hippies and lesbians?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    If you want to create something like London, then think on those lines.

To replicate various bits of London, I would suggest creating a sort of triangle or a square comprising of:
    • West London equivalent = Leeds
    • East London equivalent = Bradford
    • North London equivalent = North Yorkshire
    • South London equivalent = South Manchester and Scunthorpe.

Central London = Hebden Bridge

Now all you cretins find a map and join those dots and tell us what you see.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    What makes you w4nkers think that the only places in the north are Manchester and Liverpool?

MF - Have you ever taken your wife to the Yorkshire dales? North Y'shie moors? Dirty bastard, the best you had ever taken her up was your Oxo tower

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I think this sums the North Up.

Not quite sure what you're trying to do. I suppose if this was Canada you'd be called me a redneck. Sadly that insult has lost all its effect..similarly. But do keep trying.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Wot you get for £3 million in Liverpool

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Wot you get for £3 million in Kent (plus a reasonable chance of a job to support it :-))

Leave a comment:

Working...
X