• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tax Free Riches + The End of New Labour"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Re: Even better than I thought

Well, it'll increase the pension funds that El Brownio can raid for a start...
    (Think nationalised pension scheme...)

BTW, All UK pension providers have to produce a report for the treasury detailing peoples national insurance numbers and value of their fund every year...

Now why do you think they need that....?

Spod.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Even better than I thought

So Avoider says I can dodge National Insurance and any threat of IR35 as well. This scheme just gets better and better. Can we avoid the 13.5% VAT as well somehow?

Beany, just buy gold commodities or shares with yours and stop stressing about houses.

Only one worry now. Why are they being so nice to us?

Who was it that said that if it seems too good to be true, then it aint true?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Whats that got to do with it

From the company tax point of view, paying a salary or the company making a contribution to our personal pension are treated the same way, i.e. fully deductible, so rather than increase salary just make a pension contribution, and avoid the employers NI on salary.

I have about 75K in company and from next year intend to pay myself a 5K salary, top up with dividends from savings and put most of any new earnings into pension (thereby disposing of any IR35 liablility that comes with the new earnings.)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Whats that got to do with it

SIPP's is what Brown is using to try and stop prices crashing

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: DimPrawn

Thanks Mr Bean but what's that got to do with HB's plan to topple the government or the price of fish?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    DimPrawn

What goes boom usually goes bust

Think self certs, think Enron

3.5 X income was once used as a guide to the average price of a house in the UK but that average price now stands at over £180k

Just because interest rates half it does not mean you can afford to spend double on a property because for one you need to pay the capital back and a precursor for low interest rates is low inflation so if today a £1000 is a lot of money then in ten years time it will still be a lot of money which is totally different to when inflation was rampant.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: UK Beans

Any accountant types wish to comment?

So we have the limited company pay a one off special bonus in the form of a pension contribution to our personal pension? Or are you saying we take £225K salary (which would attract employers NI)?

Can a company go insolvent to pay a bonus? All seems a bit unlikely to me?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>> Explain it in detail for the hard of thinking.

This year we pay a low salary + dividends as normal and retain plenty of money in the limited company. Next year we pay a salary of 225,000 and invest it all in a pension.

The company makes a loss next year so we have no tax to pay plus can claim back the corporation tax for this year.

(You might want to run this past an accountant before trying it but I don't see why it wouldn't work). Also avoids that nasty dividend tax that makes it hard to withdraw any money in the company that directors had saved for their old age.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Explain it in detail for the hard of thinking.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    UK Beans

That article is about UK prices.

Obviously they may go down a bit when my cunning plan destroys the British economy. That's why I specified that the SIPP should be used to buy foreign assets.

Now that I've straightened out the minor quibbles - is everybody with me?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: dp

>> thinking of all you poor sods paying for Blairs dream Britain

Err, We won't be paying for Blair's dream, that's the whole point of the scheme. We can claim back this year's corporation tax and next year we pay no income tax or corporation tax at all.

With all the money we save we can join you by the Med

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Using SIPP to invest in property is throwing money down the drain, Property has had it’s boom and sorry to say, it’s on the bust.

See www.citywire.co.uk/News/N...onID=74965

Before you all jump down my throat

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I've got enough wonga and property here to live a *basic* life at my villa without working, but intend to setup some sort of business once I'm out there. Not sure if it will Internet related or more traditional tourism based. Maybe flog timeshares to dozy Brits or ship cheapie foreign IT workers into Britain to work on <toot-toot> public sector IT projects. Who knows. Who cares.

Main thing is you can keep Blairs dream. I'm not paying for it anymore, .NET or no bloody .NET

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    dp

what are going to be doing in the med dimprawn? Are you hanging up your .net gloves?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Not me mate. I'll be sitting by my pool sipping a cool beer and staring out to the med thinking of all you poor sods paying for Blairs dream Britain. :rollin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X