• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Next Falklands war

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Next Falklands war"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    They need to get him off the sauce until the election is over.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    https://twitter.com/ukip/status/337157543593906177

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Bored. If your going to add to a thread that's obviously died, make it funny or clever or even just a bit interesting.
    I'd say pot calling a kettle black arsed, but Shaunbhoy's comment had at least some comedy value, your multiple posts have all followed the same uninteresting, illiterate theme.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Bored. If your going to add to a thread that's obviously died, make it funny or clever or even just a bit interesting.
    Retracted, I give up

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    We have all emerged from the primordial soup and started scaling the evolutionary slope. Yours has simply been a much gentler rise than most.
    I doubt you are as far along the evolutionary path as your avatar.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Some puerile gibberish deleted
    We have all emerged from the primordial soup and started scaling the evolutionary slope. Yours has simply been a much gentler rise than most.
    I doubt you are as far along the evolutionary path as your avatar.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Sentences begin with capital letters. Again, typo - how do you know I'm not dlysecix?
    i think this sentence sums you up perfectly, a bit sad. Good luck mate you need it.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Tractor, it's clear you will not get a rational debate from the illiterate idiot, he's only capable of calling people that disagree with him stupid and suggest a physical altercation.
    His complaint that I should have asked him first when I actually did is what makes me laugh the most. Anyway TV is slow tonight.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

you have found a mate, so sweet.
    Sentences begin with capital letters. Again, typo - how do you know I'm not dlysecix?

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Tractor, it's clear you will not get a rational debate from the illiterate idiot, he's only capable of calling people that disagree with him stupid and suggest a physical altercation.
    you have found a mate, so sweet.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    And I told you why you were wrong to place such faith in such a generalisation. Take it or leave it.

As to your second ridiculous para, would you not consider my initial question "What would their rank have to do with it" satisfy your requirement? Jeebus! Your immediate response is to call me a dick and ask me out for a fight FFS!

As far as the spelling goes, it is a game around here. Usually, those that pick up on spelling immediately go and screw it up themselves (as I did), making it even funnier. Excuse me while I go and overreact somewhere

Perhaps "Suppostion" was meant as a portmanteau of suppository and supposition. Perhaps you could take one to relieve the other? Then again it may have been a typo which is different from messing up your apostrophes, which in turn is grammar, not spelling; but we don't have a grammar emote readily available.
    You also spelt multiple incorrectly, dick.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

First off you point out my spelling mistakes and then can't be arsed correcting your own spelling.

Let's agree to differ, you asked why I asked about rank, I've told you. If you agree or not does not matter, I answered your question.

I've answered this, to imply that I don't understand that a range of people died during the campaign is a stupid and silly thing to say. Had nothing to do with my reason for asking about rank. Next time try and find out why people ask things before coming out with such a stupid and ignorant statement.
    And I told you why you were wrong to place such faith in such a generalisation. Take it or leave it.

As to your second ridiculous para, would you not consider my initial question "What would their rank have to do with it" satisfy your requirement? Jeebus! Your immediate response is to call me a dick and ask me out for a fight FFS!

As far as the spelling goes, it is a game around here. Usually, those that pick up on spelling immediately go and screw it up themselves (as I did), making it even funnier. Excuse me while I go and overreact somewhere

Perhaps "Suppostion" was meant as a portmanteau of suppository and supposition. Perhaps you could take one to relieve the other? Then again it may have been a typo which is different from messing up your apostrophes, which in turn is grammar, not spelling; but we don't have a grammar emote readily available.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    You need to read the thread again to see that it is you who is still confused. I replied to your assertion that I was a dick, when all I was trying to do is make you realise that with the benefit of both hindsight and the public knowledge of the level of defence that has been invested in the Falklands, that anyone, regardless of rank or even military service could see that it would be far, far harder for the Argentines to get a foothold now compared with '82.

What you would 'expect' from soldiers and generals is far from reality generally, both in military history and particularly with the Falklands landings. You will only realise if you bother to read the mutliple accounts that are available. But don't let reality get in the way of your suppostion eh?
    First off you point out my spelling mistakes and then can't be arsed correcting your own spelling.

Let's agree to differ, you asked why I asked about rank, I've told you. If you agree or not does not matter, I answered your question.

What would their rank have to do with it? Privates to Lt Cols gave their lives during the campaign.
    I've answered this, to imply that I don't understand that a range of people died during the campaign is a stupid and silly thing to say. Had nothing to do with my reason for asking about rank. Next time try and find out why people ask things before coming out with such a stupid and ignorant statement.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

You replied to a reply you thought was for someone else within the quote, then commented underneath it - so yeah that confused me.

I've explained why the opinion of a private carries less weight than a general with me. I expect one to be an expert in using a gun and running the other to be an expert in strategic thinking. Regardless of your opinion of rank, it matters to me. Which is why I asked the question, your response about different ranks all dying was stupid.
    You need to read the thread again to see that it is you who is still confused. I replied to your assertion that I was a dick, when all I was trying to do is make you realise that with the benefit of both hindsight and the public knowledge of the level of defence that has been invested in the Falklands, that anyone, regardless of rank or even military service could see that it would be far, far harder for the Argentines to get a foothold now compared with '82.

What you would 'expect' from soldiers and generals is far from reality generally, both in military history and particularly with the Falklands landings. You will only realise if you bother to read the mutliple accounts that are available. But don't let reality get in the way of your suppostion eh?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X