• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Longest time with the same client"

Collapse

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw
    Bet you're still crapping yourself when an IR bod turns up at the pearly gates though ...
    It is easier for a WMD to be found in Iraq than for an IR bod to be found in heaven.

Church of the PRC chapter 6 verse 66

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Jesus
    As a carpenter, I don't have to worry about IR35.
    Bet you're still crapping yourself when an IR bod turns up at the pearly gates though ...

Leave a comment:

• Jesus
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy
    "Longest time with the same client"

23 minutes according to the local hooker, but she could take longer for an extra fiver.
    Yeah, anyone over 3 inches was an extra £5?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    "Longest time with the same client"

23 minutes according to the local hooker, but she could take longer for an extra fiver.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    5 years 8 months, I was incredibly bored/depressed by the end and skillset had declined to worthless + £1 per hour. But rates had halved everywhere else so had to hang on and see it through. Eventually got ejected after outsourcers came in and was scared but also very relieved, scored another job for the monday straight after I finished which gave me a good boost.
    Easy to say just bail and if you stay in the game, skills in demand then I agree it is the best option but if location + rate + other opportunities not good then you sometimes have to stay on.

Leave a comment:

• Jesus
    replied
    As a carpenter, I don't have to worry about IR35.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Jesus
    remember after 2 years the site becomes your permanent work place for expenses purposes.

Personally, any longer than 18 months and I feel like a permie. I don't like feeling like a Permie, PUNK!
    According to Chico, you have died for our sins. That's as permie as it gets, mate.

Leave a comment:

• Jesus
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    I think the trick is when you're starting out to take as long a contract as you can. Once you have a "fighting fund" you can pick and chose.
    remember after 2 years the site becomes your permanent work place for expenses purposes.

Personally, any longer than 18 months and I feel like a permie. I don't like feeling like a Permie, PUNK!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I did around 7 years, on and off, at a bank in Frankfurt of which the part I looked after was their investment arm (the system we did was for people who more than DM250,000 to invest.)

Leave a comment:

• hattra
    replied
    Two years nine months at the same client- though I did have a three month break in the middle, and the second stint was on a different project ('cos I'd finished the first one !!)

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    " can just imagine there being a forum called PayAsYouGoGirlsUK. Or something"

I've just found one for you.

Do a search on massage and manchester in google and you get

The Little Black Book, The Definitive Guide to Manchester Massage ...

amongst others and they have a forum. Not registered....yet! The URL does not look like it would be picked up by work servers, but I can't vouch for any graphics which the site may contain.

sad old perv link
    Excellent. Some rare old posts there. There is another for worldwide bonking:

Worldwide pervie link

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    in an investment bank - zero months and zero days

Leave a comment:

• BankingContractor
    replied
    Mine is just over 2 years.

Here's another question - who's been the longest at an investment bank?

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    longest was two years, shortest 10 weeks. Average seems to be about 12 mnths. Just been extended for another 6 mnths today actually

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    " can just imagine there being a forum called PayAsYouGoGirlsUK. Or something"

I've just found one for you.

Do a search on massage and manchester in google and you get

The Little Black Book, The Definitive Guide to Manchester Massage ...

amongst others and they have a forum. Not registered....yet! The URL does not look like it would be picked up by work servers, but I can't vouch for any graphics which the site may contain.

sad old perv link

Leave a comment:

Working...
X