• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Developers developers developers"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    I hear you MB.

Sounds like whale song

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    some sort of ancient eastern wisdom. that's my guess

I will try putting it on vinyl and playing it backwards

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I've no idea what you're talking about, but well done anyway.

Seconded

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I've no idea what you're talking about, but well done anyway.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    started a topic Developers developers developers

Developers developers developers

I'm always impressed dealing with the creators of enterprise systems and that they invariably admit they don't know something, and go out of there way to help.

Try to refactor code for a 3rd party system where there is no publicly available road map of where they are heading, you can still achieve something by ego flattering

I'm just chuffed that by saying I know how to code particular features but I don't know what you consider best practice in this area going forward, I suddenly end up getting walk throughs in person, get to bypass their support system, and get involved in testing new features...and the end client will pay for it

But the crunch was learning what technologies they were pushing on with I wasn't supposed to know, that will save so much effort down the line

Stroke the ego sometimes that's the message

Working...
X