• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Quick Cheap Loans

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Quick Cheap Loans"

Collapse

• Andyw
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I MADE YOU LOOK, I MADE YOU STARE, ATW YOU SAD C-U-N-T-Y TWAT

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It's

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Trying to move back down to Bath. Its a fantastic city. I need to upgrade from Tat to Nearly Tat.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Asterix
    Am I the only one that can't spot the bleeting obvious here? MF has got some spare stock of gifts etc and he wants to get rid of it, right. He's not prepared to flog it wholesale or set up an internet point of sale but instead he's prepared to pay £ 170k to buy a shop and use it as premises. But he hasn't even got that far.
    a. Is this a wind-up ?
    b. Is he trying to tell us that he's got a spare £ 120k in the bank ?
    c. Is he as bad in business as he is he's making out to be ?
    I'd say yes to all 3.
    My 2p.
    Unbelievably, he's genuine. Staggering I know, and even more so if you actually knew him, but 'tis all true.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Surely there are places closer to where MF normally sleep rough with Metro paper over him when he is in "between contracts" mode.

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Er... I guess that's why Bath.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Why Bath anyway? I hear it is a good place to be from quality of life point of view, one of my lecturers in Poly said that. Suppose now that MF's tat shop for chavs is going to be open, he'd change his mind.

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Even if it's no good as a shop, it's still commercial property and freehold commercial properties are rare. If it's not getting passing trade then it's still good as offices or storage or even converted to residential if you can get permission. In my opinion.

I know of someone who bought a big run-down Georgian building and converted it to offices - and boy has he done well out of it.

MF - I would get the proper searches done on it if I were you, before you part with any money.
    Last edited by oraclesmith; 21 September 2006, 18:50.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I hope your venture will be successful MF - you sure one brave chap to buy shop for cash in an area where you did not trade. I take it your retail experince allowed you to determine foot fall from the first sight.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    AtW.

How long is a short-hold tenancy?
    How long is a license?
    How long is a lease?
    How long is a virtual freehold?
    How long is a leasehold?
    How long is a freehold?

Now please tell me you didnt ask that question.

Leave a comment:

• triboix
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    "bridge loan" Will do. Cheers.
    You're welcome!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You are a very strange person MF - you definately need to grow up.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "bridge loan" Will do. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "Why did not you rent it for 3 months then, why blow 170 grand on it?"

You didnt really ask me that question did you? Please say AndyW asked that question disguised as you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X