• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Coalition Builder

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Coalition Builder"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Thank you for voting UKIP - UKIP

With nearly 4 million votes, UKIP is now the third largest party in British politics in terms of vote share.

However, it is disappointing that the country's outdated voting system means nearly 4 million votes for UKIP translates into a minimal number of seats. The SNP needs just 25,000 votes to gain a seat and with it a disproportionate slice of power in Westminster, whereas over 3.5 million votes only translated to one seat for us.
    It's a shame really.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Funnily enough, the Tories did beat all their rivals, combined. Which also means no room for excuses on the EU referendum now.

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    So close, Prawny
    Other than the SNP, the LDs were annihilated and Greens remain at 1 seat. If UKIP does manage to capitalise on the level of electoral support it has come next GE, it won't be that hard to outdo them.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    So close, Prawny
    Thank you for voting UKIP - UKIP

With nearly 4 million votes, UKIP is now the third largest party in British politics in terms of vote share.

However, it is disappointing that the country's outdated voting system means nearly 4 million votes for UKIP translates into a minimal number of seats. The SNP needs just 25,000 votes to gain a seat and with it a disproportionate slice of power in Westminster, whereas over 3.5 million votes only translated to one seat for us.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I predict they will get more seats than SNP, Lib, Green combined. Biggest shock vote outcome in living memory.
    So close, Prawny

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Fingers crossed. Otherwise its the full retard

Labour-SNP-Plaid-LibDem-Green coalition

Never go the full retard
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    UKIP will do much better than the polls predict.
    Fingers crossed. Otherwise its the full retard

Labour-SNP-LibDem-Green coalition

Never go the full retard
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Interesting.

The Greens want to increase our foreign bribery account....
    Only as a percentage of GDP. Which will be fecked if they're in charge. So it's probably a sly commitment to reduce the actual amount spent. Further proof of the duplicity of politicians.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Interesting.

The Greens want to increase our foreign bribery account....

Leave a comment:

• Goatfell
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Those green defence/foreign policy ideas in full:

Originally posted by Greens
    Make securing a fair global agreement to tackle climate change the main foreign policy priority because of its central role in driving civil war and involuntary migration.
    Support democratisation of the UN through abolishing the permanent seats on the Security Council.
    Scrap all nuclear weapons, including Trident and any proposed replacement.
    Halt all military cooperation with, and sales of arms to, countries involved in internal repression.
    Write off and write down unpayable debt, avoid paternalistic aid, and secure the rights of indigenous First Nation peoples.
    Increase the overseas aid budget from 0.7% to 1% of GDP.
    Promote fair trade and effective regulation of UK companies operating abroad.
    So that's why NB has left Oz....

Wow, does that mean that the Normans, Angles, Saxons, Jutes et al will be screwed? The Greens might pick up a few votes in Cornwall then

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    WOT! They don't plan to abolish the Armed Services! I've been lied to by the press. I am shocked, I tell you, shocked!
    I don't write it, or even read it. I just cut and paste it.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    I'm not excluding the TV:

BBC - 32%
    ITV - 23%
    C4 - 10%
    Sky - 8.5%
    C5 - 6%

So there's a hefty chunk there that are non-left wing - nearly 15% are controlled by the same people who control the newspapers.

Who specifically do you think controls the media?
    The people who have a vested interest in the media outlets being successful and portraying the Metropolitan Elite interests as the centre ground.
    Last edited by BlueSharp; 17 March 2015, 13:00.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Those green defence/foreign policy ideas in full:
    WOT! They don't plan to abolish the Armed Services! I've been lied to by the press. I am shocked, I tell you, shocked!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

BBC - 32%
    ITV - 23%
    C4 - 10%
    Sky - 8.5%
    C5 - 6%

So there's a hefty chunk there that are non-left wing - nearly 15% are controlled by the same people who control the newspapers.

The illuminanti of course.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Why are you excluding the TV and on-line media? The BBC clearly has a metropolitan elite bias.

BBC - 32%
    ITV - 23%
    C4 - 10%
    Sky - 8.5%
    C5 - 6%

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Why are you excluding the TV and on-line media? The BBC clearly has a metropolitan elite paedo bias.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X