• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: PM for Darmstadt

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "PM for Darmstadt"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Odd though that The Simpons is 'Die Simpson' i.e. 'Dee Tzimpson' I think from memory and the German Homer doesn't even say 'Do'h..!'...

In Russian it's 'Simpsony'!
    If we are being pedantic, Homer doesn't say Do'h in any language, in English its Annoyed Grunt 😜

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Actually, pedant mode on, its 'Die Simpsons'.
    Agree!

My mistake, but am I correct Homer doesn't do 'Do'h' - or am I thinking of the Russian one? Bear in mind I last watched these on Windows 2000 on a 15' CRT in Siberia at 3:00am due to jet lag...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Odd though that The Simpons is 'Die Simpson' i.e. 'Dee Tzimpson' I think from memory and the German Homer doesn't even say 'Do'h..!'...

Actually, pedant mode on, its 'Die Simpsons'.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    The The, as they're English

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    ...BATMAN!
    Gaaaaaaaaah you've just ruined Germany for me!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Danke danke danke.
    ...BATMAN!

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    If they're from Leeds won't it be t' t'?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Actually curtesy of my German-speaking Russian-born partner, I got the Die/Das one, missed the others!

What's German for the Leeds band (I think) 'The The'? Is it 'Der Der', 'Die Die' or 'Das Das'? Or a combination?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Danke danke danke.
    Actually curtesy of my German-speaking Russian-born partner, I got the Die/Das one, missed the others!

What's German for the Leeds band (I think) 'The The'? Is it 'Der Der', 'Die Die' or 'Das Das'? Or a combination?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Sooo many errors, this is correct IMHO;
    Danke danke danke.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    FTFY
    Sooo many errors, this is correct IMHO;

Hallo meine Süße,

Weisst Du, wo ich DAS Tottenham Spiel später ansehen KÖNNTE?

Mit BESTEM Gruss

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Das Scheiße surely.....
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Possibly at any of these:

The Quiet Man - Irish Pub - Bonn

Fiddlers Irish Pub Bonn :: Welcome to the Fiddlers

https://www.facebook.com/pages/James...38366726198811

Not on German terrrestial TV (that'll be the Gladbach game on Sat 1 although they'll show the highlights after.) However, if you find a pub that has a Sky sign outside you might be lucky as its on there although you'll need to ask if they're showing the Konferenz (switches between games) or they have multiple screens and ask nicely for the Spurs game to be shown on one (I've done this in German pubs before and sometimes they will.)

Such as:

Bonn - Butchers Music and Sportsbar

Mausefalle 33 1/3 | Bonns einzige Hafenkneipe
    Auf Deutsch bitte

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    If it's on terrestrial in UK just install Zenmate and switch location to UK and watch on laptop, better than nowt. Fast and free (and German!).
    I sent him a direct link. He wants to visit a pub and get lucky later on, I reckon!

Talking of a fool and his money ...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    If it's on terrestrial in UK just install Zenmate and switch location to UK and watch on laptop, better than nowt. Fast and free (and German!).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X