• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "When is democracy not democratic?"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Am I reading this wrong or:

England: 2.4% off target
    Scotland: 4.5% off target

Depends how you cut the stats I guess
    Scotland performs slightly worse in terms of target (as the target is higher) but as a % overall performs better than the other three areas. I'm sure Whinestrone won't agree though.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    OK, lets start with NHS A&E waiting times, which you would claim are worse than Englands.

Want to do operation waiting times next ??

Am I reading this wrong or:

England: 2.4% off target
    Scotland: 4.5% off target

Depends how you cut the stats I guess

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Found my own answer to the question. Though the figures are about 3 years old linky

In short Northern Irish and Welsh people aren't as unhealthy as Scottish people or as healthy as English people.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    OK, lets start with NHS A&E waiting times, which you would claim are worse than Englands.

Do people in Northern Ireland and Wales have a lower average (median) healthy life expectancy than those in England and Scotland?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I'm sorry no, NHS Scotland has a bigger budget per person than England to cover this stuff. 10% more.

The SNP spunked that budget on free prescription charges in order to buy votes in the middle classes while reducing the prescription options for cancer drugs for those most in need. Like the SNP cut 160,000 college places that offered working class families a bridge to a better life to pay for free university tuition fees for the middle classes. The SNP like to tell everyone that they are on the side of the underdog but really they just go after middle class votes.

"poorer living conditions historically" is surely an indication that we cannot look after ourselves. The evidence is that England has better health at less expense, maybe we should just let them run our NHS, Sturgeon has done a pretty crap job it has to be said in her time looking after the service.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    "my English rose"

who the feck comes out with patter like that
    Paul Weller, famously.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    A made-up Unionist story in the Daily Retard? I'm shocked.

Your Alexander prediction (the guy who stabbed his sister in the back a la Milliband) will be similar to your predictions of the Celtic v Rangers game last week.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    "my English rose"

who the feck comes out with patter like that

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    My wife (my English rose before you get on your high horse) and I have named individuals between us and the children should something happen to either of us.

WTH has that got to do with nationalism?
    You are such an imbecile you need state control.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I think that is one MP you can chalk off the list.

Revealed: What the SNP candidate for Paisley and Renfrewshire South thinks about football: 'I really f***** hate Celtic' - Daily Record

Alexander will be retaining paisley.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    My wife (my English rose before you get on your high horse) and I have named individuals between us and the children should something happen to either of us.

WTH has that got to do with nationalism?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I refuse point blank to engage in anything that comes my way regarding this..

BBC News - 'Named person' consultation begins in Scotland

This is the kind of tulip you get when you have a government with a nationalist agenda.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Dear God

Video: Watch SNP candidate Mhairi Black tell a crowd she fantasised about 'putting the nut' on Labour councillors - Daily Record

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    http://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/site...ary_report.pdf

This would seem to disagree with you. I wonder, what is the more reliable source ? The Nuffield Trust or a guy who can't join up two cohesive opinions ?

Scotland has a much higher % in patient admission rate than England, probably due to poorer living conditions historically. The SNP didn't cause that ij the last five years by the way.

Worst health service in the UK ? Wales, devolved to the party that you want to win Scotland but lose the UK. Idiot.
    I'm sorry no, NHS Scotland has a bigger budget per person than England to cover this stuff. 10% more.

The SNP spunked that budget on free prescription charges in order to buy votes in the middle classes while reducing the prescription options for cancer drugs for those most in need. Like the SNP cut 160,000 college places that offered working class families a bridge to a better life to pay for free university tuition fees for the middle classes. The SNP like to tell everyone that they are on the side of the underdog but really they just go after middle class votes.

"poorer living conditions historically" is surely an indication that we cannot look after ourselves. The evidence is that England has better health at less expense, maybe we should just let them run our NHS, Sturgeon has done a pretty crap job it has to be said in her time looking after the service.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Anyway, I am prepare to bite a turd and vote labour.

#SNPout
    That would be funny if you voted Labour and helped Millipede into No. 10

Leave a comment:

Working...
X