• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have you ever fractured a metatarsal?"

Collapse

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    I think I have. I ran a marathon at the weekend and my 2nd/ 3rd metatarsals are pretty sore.

I'm wondering if it's something I need to go to the docs for or whether it's the kind of injury, like suspected cracked ribs and broken toes, that regardless of whether they're actually broken or just severely bruised, the treatment is the same.
    I've broken my 3 times on the same foot, twice in the last 12 months both at the base of the 5th metatarsal , if you broken it you would most likely know as I couldn't put weight on it and at all and lots of swelling / bruising. I'm nearly 16 weeks in since my last break, was in plaster for 4 weeks, boot for another 6, its still very sore now though the fracture has healed its the ligaments that seem to the issue, I've got a limp now. I used to run and completed a couple of marathons but my running days are over now and I'm becoming a fat b&stard.
    Last edited by ELBBUBKUNPS; 21 October 2014, 20:21.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    I am pretty sure I have fractured a few metatarsals along with other associated damage, bruising plus possibly a broken ankle.

If he had paid me when asked it wouldn't have been necessary!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Yes, in a car crash. Nothing was done. I don't think they do much to it unless you are Wayne Rooney or it is totally smashed.

Your laces may have been too tight.

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You ran a marathon. Fool.

Next time try walking it....
    Next time?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    Why would anyone do that when there's a perfectly good bus service chauffeur?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Takes one to know one....

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied

Why would anyone do that when there's a perfectly good bus service?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Thanks SueEllen. I think I'll have to go. Though, mainly so that I can tell everyone I ran a marathon with a broken foot. It makes me sound tough.
    Could be a stress fracture, which might not show up on x-rays...

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Doesn't mean you cracked them but worth going to the doctor who will send you to have it x-rayed.

Normally I leave it 2 weeks before going to the doctor but one time I did that I was told off by a GP as it was a suspected broken ankle.

Next time cut out the middle man - by on the day or next day going straight to A&E saying you heard a crack then they will x-ray it for you. Now as it's days later you have to go to the GP first.
    Thanks SueEllen. I think I'll have to go. Though, mainly so that I can tell everyone I ran a marathon with a broken foot. It makes me sound tough.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I can never remember where the metatarsal is. Would it be somewhere round the wrist?
    Nope, that'd be yer carpals

Carpals - wrist
    Tarsals - ankle

Metacarpals - hand
    Metatarsals - foot

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I can never remember where the metatarsal is. Would it be somewhere round the wrist?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I think I have. I ran a marathon at the weekend and my 2nd/ 3rd metatarsals are pretty sore..
    Doesn't mean you cracked them but worth going to the doctor who will send you to have it x-rayed.

Normally I leave it 2 weeks before going to the doctor but one time I did that I was told off by a GP as it was a suspected broken ankle.

Next time cut out the middle man - by on the day or next day going straight to A&E saying you heard a crack then they will x-ray it for you. Now as it's days later you have to go to the GP first.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I always thought that metatarsals meant "we got together at MFs house"

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    started a topic Have you ever fractured a metatarsal?

Have you ever fractured a metatarsal?

I think I have. I ran a marathon at the weekend and my 2nd/ 3rd metatarsals are pretty sore.

I'm wondering if it's something I need to go to the docs for or whether it's the kind of injury, like suspected cracked ribs and broken toes, that regardless of whether they're actually broken or just severely bruised, the treatment is the same.

Working...
X