• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Porsche 911 2nd hand is it worth it ? why do many sell them"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Re: Buying a boat

buy yourself a rover : they almost give them away nowadays
    soon i will be the full GM line : fancy a dodge ram 2500 or a lincoln continental ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

You haven't really made it unless you can think like Paul Allen and get your own 747.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

well I dunno .. I think that the second hand ones are usually clapped out ... I mean selling a car that once was worth £50,000 for £15,000 ... something is going to be wrong with it.

I dunno. £50k for a brand new car is just too steep.

And I have a moderately size p*nis btw.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

good for you old timer

my plan b is also non-IT

which is nice

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

milan,

When you've been contracting as long as I have, on the rates I've been on, then you can afford to enjoy yourself all the time AND have the so called "Plan B" safely developed, tested and implemented (not that mine has anything to do with IT )

traj in "smug" mode.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Traj,

you dullard, you're gonna be one of these middle age skint people

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I'm with Ivor here,

boats and cruising is a much better way to spend your money than cars

I have one of these:

Perfect for conversion to a cruiser

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Happen to agree

but it looks like I am destined for one in my later thirties as the Benes plan is to build a solid financial foundation before investing in toys
    milan - You dull barsteward! You can't take it with you, you know. Mind you on £8 an hour you'd have trouble affording a decent push bike, never mind a 911.

I've had a few flash motors in my time - lost a packet on every one. But that's what young contractors should do. It keeps the economy ticking over.

At the moment I'm going through my "it's only to get from A to B" phase. Dull 4 door family cars.

However, I'll probably be back into cars when the kids have left home and I can't get it up anymore. :\

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Buying a boat

For me I would prefer to buy a boat abroad and sail the Med for a few months for £30K.

But I can understand others who would like to show off in their car stuck in a traffic jam - with the rain pelting down.

Boats for sale

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Porsches are for guys with small willies. Real men drive girly cars. The Citroen 2CV is ideal for proving your manhood.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    SEE

Told you everyone has an opinion !
    I heard a good quote about buying a boat - the 2 best days are the day you get it and the day you sell it. Not quite the same with the car, you will feel amazing all through the buying process.
    Dont put your house on it or too much finance, if you cant afford it dont even think about it because you will lose sleep and money !

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

mmm lovely

IMHO the wheels on the early 90s car look horrid

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

...the thing I hate about Porsche drivers are those old fashioned hats they wear.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Not another damn Porsche on the roads being driven at 39mph in all conditions!

Porsche driving bastards - if you must all drive like little old ladies, kindly stop hogging the middle of country roads, it makes it difficult to overtake in my Maestro van!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Happen to agree

I guess thats why you see young chaps or oldies driving the nice ones - with thirty somethings driving the porche "bangers" - sorry classics!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X