• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How will Scotland be punished following a No vote?"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    We're appointing him as Governor of Scotlandshire.

'You' won't be appointing anyone anything, in fact most of you won't be appointing anyone anything, unless you live in the little bottom right hand corner that can't make up its mind from one term to another.

You'll have a hand in 'appointing' a probable coalition of Milliband and Clegg, and Milliband will fill cabinet seats with 'experience' like Brown, Darling et al.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I was thinking that Brown's tubthumping yesterday might be his way of showing how effective he can be for at least a cabinet seat in the next Westminster Parliament. He clearly misses being able to talk tulipe and **** things up from a position of power. Maybe he'll even run your country again
    We're appointing him as Governor of Scotlandshire.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Could we send them OG?
    You are repeating yourself...

...or are you proposing this in the event of yes and no?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Could we send them OG?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    Replace their water supply with Buckfast, chuck a few stashes of firearms over the wall, leave them for a decade, then send in Chinese and American tourists over to take some pics.
    Sounds pretty similar to Doomsday

Terrible movie though

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    They'll soon realise that the Hunger Games will prove to be quite a prophetic piece of work.

And along with the rest of us, they'll have to endure more of the 3 stooges, no doubt smug after the otherwise useless Brown saved their union with his crocodile tears.
    I was thinking that Brown's tubthumping yesterday might be his way of showing how effective he can be for at least a cabinet seat in the next Westminster Parliament. He clearly misses being able to talk tulipe and **** things up from a position of power. Maybe he'll even run your country again

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    They'll soon realise that the Hunger Games will prove to be quite a prophetic piece of work.

And along with the rest of us, they'll have to endure more of the 3 stooges, no doubt smug after the otherwise useless Brown saved their union with his crocodile tears.
    Oh yes. Definitely the Hunger Games.

Swindon can be Panem with Dim as President.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jemb
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Who are you again?

In this entire campaign, I have not had a single conversation with anyone English about the referendum. Almost nobody here cares either way, with the exception of political junkies and Little Englanders. Which may be a good enough reason to go. This whole referendum thing was a nonsense. The Scottish government should have just quietly decided to act like an independent state and nobody in England would have noticed.

Then in 20 years time, there would be something on the news about the Scottish coastguard rescuing a haggis trawler, and people would be saying, 'Is Scotland a country? I though they were part of England or Britain or something. Hang on, isn't the X-Factor on the other side?'

Which is as good a reason as any to vote Yes.
    I'm the man who knocks things over....

I think you've got it about right, sadly.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by jemb View Post
    I've lived in Australia, Holland, Belgium, France - and England, most people in the world find our attitude to the English a bit pathetic.

The biggest insult the English pay to us is that they can't even be bothered hating us back.
    Couldn't agree more, all this hatred of England is boring. If we are that bad, why are they all literally dying to get here?

I once worked with a lot of Aussies and South Africans on a big project. One day when I had had enough of hearing how Oz is so much better, I asked 'If Oz is so much better, why are you all here?'

The silence was deafening.

IRMC

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I've lived in Australia, Holland, Belgium, France - and England, most people in the world find our attitude to the English a bit pathetic.

The biggest insult the English pay to us is that they can't even be bothered hating us back.
    Who are you again?

In this entire campaign, I have not had a single conversation with anyone English about the referendum. Almost nobody here cares either way, with the exception of political junkies and Little Englanders. Which may be a good enough reason to go. This whole referendum thing was a nonsense. The Scottish government should have just quietly decided to act like an independent state and nobody in England would have noticed.

Then in 20 years time, there would be something on the news about the Scottish coastguard rescuing a haggis trawler, and people would be saying, 'Is Scotland a country? I though they were part of England or Britain or something. Hang on, isn't the X-Factor on the other side?'

Which is as good a reason as any to vote Yes.

Leave a comment:

• jemb
    replied
    Originally posted by JustinTime View Post
    I generally think of it in the same way as the elephant ignoring the gNat (see what I did there? ).
    I did - you really didn't need to explain it

Leave a comment:

• JustinTime
    replied
    I generally think of it in the same way as the elephant ignoring the gNat (see what I did there? ).

Leave a comment:

• jemb
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Sorry, we couldn't absorb the world wide hatred that you lot 'enjoy'

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    I think I forgot to mention the Buckfast embargo. And the gun emplacements.
    And we'll sack all the Trident maintenance and safety workers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X