• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Wire

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Wire"

Collapse

• vadhert
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by vadhert View Post
    Indeed.

Sad times when Omar met his demise

Nice one

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Indeed.
    Spoiler! For people who haven't watched it yet. It comes as a bit of a surprise so don't spoil it for them!

Leave a comment:

• vadhert
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Ahem, you're forgetting someone

Also, don't forget Omar!
    Indeed.

Sad times when Omar met his demise

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Watched one episode.

Got rid of the rest of them.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    The Wire is probably my favorite TV series of all time. Some of the characters are fantastic and the way its shot / delivered focusing on each characters story is well done.

Proposition Joe, Barksdale, McNulty, Keema, Marlo....The great characters are endless and a pleasure to watch.

TV at its finest
    Stringer Bell, Idris Elba FTW

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    The Wire is probably my favorite TV series of all time. Some of the characters are fantastic and the way its shot / delivered focusing on each characters story is well done.

Proposition Joe, Barksdale, McNulty, Keema, Marlo....The great characters are endless and a pleasure to watch.

TV at its finest
    +1 Bunk!

Leave a comment:

• Fandango
    replied
    Have you seen those R-Kelly hilarious (hip opera) trapped in the closet (they were apparently serious), where Omar is a gay policeman with a midget? I kid you not!!

Puts him in a completely different light

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...CE98856B07CD52

EDIT: Just had to double check, I don't think he's gay after all but a midget is shagging his wife and hides in the kitchen cupboard
    Last edited by Fandango; 15 September 2014, 10:47.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied

TV at its finest
    Ahem, you're forgetting someone

Also, don't forget Omar!

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Can't be arsed with stuff you have to watch with subtitles unless the original language is Swedish or Danish.

There was a wonderful, wonderful french supernatural series called The Returned last summer which had me thoroughly gripped. That had subtitles.

N.B spoiler below
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    \/
    It was a strange ending though, with all the "zombies" going back to the the deep of the reservoir and it led to me assuming there would be another season.
    Last I heard of it was that there was to be an American remake. Same story minus all the subtlety, presumably. Though, to be fair to our American cousins, they are much, much better at subtlety these days. Indeed, all the quality drama seems to be coming from that side of the pond and all the dross full of PC tokenism etc seems to be coming from here. Which, in my case, has led to a degree of prejudice on my part in that I just don't bother with any UK TV drama anymore. And I'm sure I've missed out - the new Sherlock Holmes stuff with Benedict Cumbernauld was meant to have been brilliant but I don't know because I looked at the listings and thought Meh!
    Last edited by Gittins Gal; 15 September 2014, 10:02.

Leave a comment:

• vadhert
    replied

TV at its finest

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    How long did it take before you got hooked on this?

I have to agree on all the other series that people have raved about on here and other places e.g. Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones etc but I'm on Season 1 ep 6 and I'm just not there yet.

I'm also struggling just a liddle bit with the patois. May have to turn the subtitles on lol
    I agree to a certain extent, I seem to remember that I found the first 3-4 episodes hard work, but then the addiction kicked in, and promptly did all 5 seasons.

Loved it.

Have tried to persuade the wife to give it a go, as I fancy a revisit, but no joy as yet.

Leave a comment:

• Fandango
    replied
    I loved The Wire, I think it took about 6 or so episodes before I was hooked though.

My wife and her friends developed a lust for Dominic West (McNulty) until I crushed it by pointing out he played a rather convincing Fred West in the TV Series 'Appropriate Adult' with nothing really aesthetically changed apart from growing his hair a bit

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    First season - meh

Second season, 1st episode, hooked!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X