• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mass troop movements"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Re: Skoda

I was in Malaga airport last summer - standing in the check-in queue with the chavs - when this electric powered police car started driving round insied the terminal - sort of a small Smart car - a bit like this:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

fancy police skodas.
    What is the world coming to - next we know they'll be driving Fiat Cinquicentos

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Whenever they are about to kick something off several things happen in my part of the World.

1. Big increase in military fighters on training missions.

2. Big movement of tanks down to West Wales for target practice on the firing ranges.

3. Loads of heavy aircraft flying over in the middle of the night - flying so high that you cannot see them but in such large numbers that you can hear a loud drone which sometimes goes on for an hour or more. That's alot of planes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Of course, they didn't see me because I was going...
    ...to the phone to ring the RAC, 'cos my tulipbox mondeo wouldn't start again?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I have seen both plain and fancy police skodas.

Of course, they didn't see me because I was going too ....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Nope, 'tis true, seen 'em meself!

Spod - In "Off to work" mode!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

> a "plain clothes" police Skoda

Please tell me this is a wind up.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Cheeky git Goof!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

BTW you car experts..
    Does a Skoda beat a Mondeo?
    And the correct geeky-boy answer is....

"Not according to top-trumps!"

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Any skoda will beat OH's Mondeo:rollin

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Depends which Skoda and which Mondeo

SG in "Car Geek" Mode...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Skoda

I drove up the M3 this afternoon on the way back from Portsmouth and noticed a "plain clothes" police Skoda pulled up behind an unsuspecting motorist on the hard shoulder. I also noticed large numbers of military vehicles albeit with red crosses on them, so whatever is going on they seem to be anticipating casualties.. which means that it probably is a shaunboy reunion :rollin :rollin

BTW you car experts..
    Does a Skoda beat a Mondeo?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    > particularly along the A303, A358 and the M5 heading SW.

Oh God, not the M5. I was planning to drive down there this weekend, and it's bad enough with caravans and horse boxes without smoke-belching squaddiemobiles trundling along at 10 MPH.

Edit: Come to think of it, didn't the Government claim a while back they were planning a crack down on caravans? Maybe at last they're doing more than just talk, and the troops are digging in along the M5 ready for the weekend. Shaun will be pleased!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Last weekend they were all heading north up the M5. Presumably some kind of exercise blowing up things in South Wales. I’d have thought they were the wrong colour for Iraq. Threaded should know. In fact I think it was him driving all the trucks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It could be to do with this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X