• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Whats the longest you've ever waited for WWIII to start ?"

Collapse

• sbakoola
    replied
    One gets the feeling that in times of economic desperation new fabricated enemies

One gets the feeling that in times of economic desperation new fabricated enemies will arise and plunge us into war. Putin worries me and what he will do in his quest to retain power, North Korea is a dangerous wild card, the middle east is a hotbed of unrest and killing.

It would only take a conflict between two nuclear powers to start a 3rd world war, effectively one trying to wipe out an entire civilization on either the losing or winning side of a conventional war.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    is that the one where the red army has the tesla gun ?

my mates got that , he reckons its waay coool
    No World War IV is the one where all sides are armed with sticks and stones.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You mustn't forget the brown paper bags.
    Indeed....

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post

You should try making a hat out of your tin foil and see if it helps.
    Whoosh.

Sent from my iMinion using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Go bags. Survival tins. Keeping the cars brim full. Knowing where my nearest unpopulated yet life supporting area is.

Keeping up on world affairs. Learning survival craft, and foraging. Keeping fit.

Cash stash. Long life food. Torches, candles, batteries, portable radio.

Tin foil.

You should try making a hat out of your tin foil and see if it helps.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    So what are you doing to protect you and yours? (Posting on here doesn't count!)
    Go bags. Survival tins. Keeping the cars brim full. Knowing where my nearest unpopulated yet life supporting area is.

Keeping up on world affairs. Learning survival craft, and foraging. Keeping fit.

Cash stash. Long life food. Torches, candles, batteries, portable radio.

Tin foil.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

I do worry about it, because if I see it coming, I might be able to do something to move my bubble out of the way.
    So what are you doing to protect you and yours? (Posting on here doesn't count!)

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    This.

Worrying about everything that's wrong in the world is the path to mental breakdown.

After all, how can you be happy when people are being killed in Gaza, when ebola is wiping out communities, when planes are falling out the sky?
    I've lived through some significant political events, although not quite the Cuban missile crisis. If you can casually chuck that out there, without thinking the world has gone berserk, as in it is the most battulip crazy it's ever been then you've rocks in your head quite frankly.

Think back the the world leaders of then, and compare them to now. Then add a touch of electronic, satellite guided weaponry and it's all just a bit chilling.

I do worry about it, because if I see it coming, I might be able to do something to move my bubble out of the way.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    WWIII is sooooo last week.

I'm waiting for WWIV.
    is that the one where the red army has the tesla gun ?

my mates got that , he reckons its waay coool

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    This.

Worrying about everything that's wrong in the world is the path to mental breakdown.

After all, how can you be happy when people are being killed in Gaza, when ebola is wiping out communities, when planes are falling out the sky?
    and global temperatures are up a whole 0.6C!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    There's always bad tulip going on in the world. AFAIK there's nothing I can do to influence these situations so I choose not to worry about them or start threads proclaiming the end of the world.

HTH
    This.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I must be an expert as you're all talking tulipe!

heh heh.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I must be an expert as you're all talking tulipe!

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    When people ask stupid questions I give stupid answers. How should I know how long until war?
    That's OK, we're more than used to reading stupid answers from you.

Why aren't you reading for yourselves and joining the debate?
    My subscription to Conspiracy Theorist Monthly expired and I forgot to renew it.

Because it's far easier to adopt a pack mentality and hurl rocks.
    It's ok, I'm sure they'll bounce straight off you.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    There is a lesson in life that you really need to learn Suity.
    When you are a true expert in something, the telly, the pundits, the newspapers, the bloke down the pub, EVERYONE, talks sh!te on the subject. you know this, because you are the expert.
    So why, all of a sudden, does the telly, the pundits, the newspapers and the bloke down the pub become experts on every other subject under the sun ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X