• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How do you leave a contract early ?"

Collapse

Guest replied
    You're not off on one of your fairy tales again by any chance?
    I think we have a bit of a pot / kettle issue there, Threaded old boy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Spodly: You're not off on one of your fairy tales again by any chance? :\

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yeah, we've seen your code.
    Threaded:

No you haven't! Although as have millions of others, you've probably at some time used it without knowing!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Spod:
    By laying a great big turd on the board room table.
    Yeah, we've seen your code.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: How do you leave a contract early ?
    By laying a great big turd on the board room table.

Spod - In "Next question?" mode.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    If they can't decide whether its a three or six month contract, take the initiative and offer them a three month contract followed by monthly renewals "so that they can retain maximum flexibility".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Okay, I really couldn't resist a reply to this thread:

If you don't already have a notice clause in your contract then you are obliged to stay (unless you go bankrupt or die of some terrible illness etc.). If there already is a notice clause then you can invoke that.

The thing to consider is "what would the agent/client do if they were in my shoes" - I think you'll find that the answer corresponds to "fook you right over and take the money"

D

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just get a notice clause put into the contract, 1month from them or 1 month from you. Then take it or leave it as it works out but just remember then they can do the same to you.

The only problem is that having a notice period is seen by the IR as decreasing the "business risk" of the contract, and is one of the factors that can be used to point to disguised employment.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Closure

Server/Network support, for my sins.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Closure

So BGG, only interested - what are you going to do?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Many thanks for the advice folks.

<bows respectfully>

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    realised that only one person really counts in all of this and that's me and my family'
    As someone pointed out....that's technically more than one.

However, they do live within a mucus-lined pouch in my lower abdomen, hence the use of the singular.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused. I thought everybody did the same. Obviously not ! LOL!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    No problem BBG. Sign up for 3 months, then review it. Maybe the new contract in 4 months might disappear, so don't just sit around waiting.

Don't tell them you're going to bugger off, tell them that when you have the second contract.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    BGG,

with respect,

at fecking last...

'as I've got older and more cynical, I've realised that only one person really counts in all of this and that's me and my family'

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    stop pretending to be a normal person when you want to leave
    Problem is Xog, I've never really started. I just can't get the hang of it.

How on earth you poor humans with your frail and oddly-shaped bodies (especially the pics of Threaded which remind me of when our race came to Earth through a worm-hole and encounted the point of singularity) manage to survive is beyond me.

And what is it with having only 2 arms ?

8 are much more efficient and practical, especially when using the MS Natural Keyboard (which one of our kind invented actually).

Don't get me started on orifii. You have far to few to be of any use at a Rigellian Flesh Party.

Still it's better than having just one like the Zootan's (and of course the being you call "Chico".)

Probably explains why everything that comes out of his mouth is waste refuse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X