• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "stuck in a boring Job"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    And Old MacDonald was dyslexic.......E I A B O
    ....and a really bad speller....

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Have you thought about getting a gig with SY01? You'll feel like a rock star in comparison and find your job much more fulfilling.

HTH
    His life would be much less boring though, with SY drip feeding each problem over 4 days

And Old MacDonald was dyslexic.......E I A B O

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by slinkydonkey View Post
    Yes hopefully with any luck!!
    Have you thought about getting a gig with SY01? You'll feel like a rock star in comparison and find your job much more fulfilling.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• ukmercenary
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Well, that's what happens when you fail your exams. At least your kids will know better and work harder.
    Yes hopefully with any luck!!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Mountain Biking, Running, Scuba Diving, Hiking, sailing , Wind Surfing anything when im really in the moment I guess with IT Support its very reactive so if your not busy it can get very boring if its busy then I don't mind. I am currently refurbishing a house which is a big job can't really swap jobs until thats done well I suppose I could but would create more stress. I'll have to have a long hard think about it but today at work was painful think I managed to close one support call haha I won't ever choose to work for a public company again.
    Well, that's what happens when you fail your exams. At least your kids will know better and work harder.

Leave a comment:

• ukmercenary
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    All jobs get boring at some point.

What else would you like to do?
    Mountain Biking, Running, Scuba Diving, Hiking, sailing , Wind Surfing anything when im really in the moment I guess with IT Support its very reactive so if your not busy it can get very boring if its busy then I don't mind. I am currently refurbishing a house which is a big job can't really swap jobs until thats done well I suppose I could but would create more stress. I'll have to have a long hard think about it but today at work was painful think I managed to close one support call haha I won't ever choose to work for a public company again.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Work on a Plan B till you get the boot...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    All jobs get boring at some point.

What else would you like to do?

Leave a comment:

• ukmercenary
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Have you tried popping out for a quick wank?
    Have you thought about a he-man under the desk cam?
    Jog On Mate

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Hello

Just looking for some general advice really so Ive been in this perm role now for coming up to 2. years (feels like a life time).

I work in IT I'm supposed to be 2nd line but all the support calls that come through to me have had no troubleshooting done so I have to do all the basic troubleshooting which is tedious and boring.

I'm on quote good money for what im doing but i feel like im turning into a Zombie haha.
    I don't feel even slightly challenged Im thinking I need a break from IT to be honest, Im not an uber geek and find alot of the really techy IT stuff boring.

Im mid 30's now and have been doing IT support/ helpdesk which since I left Uni have not progressed much at all really.

My current role sometimes I just surf the web all day my team leader is a nice guy but think he is a bit of that Asperger's syndrome going on.

Recently at my work they have brought another guy into the IT support team...it amazes me as there is not enough work for us as it is..and no they don't plan to get me go as far as im aware I did ask. Apparently they will get us more involved in project work but think I had better start looking to save my sanity.

Have you ever been stuck in a perm boring role im thinking i could try an evening course in plumbing or catering I could always come back to IT.
    Have you tried popping out for a quick wank?
    Have you thought about a he-man under the desk cam?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Hello

Just looking for some general advice really so Ive been in this perm role now for coming up to 2. years (feels like a life time).
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Wow, the Fonz had dyslexia. Does that make it cool? Where can I get some?

Henry Winkler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    It's General. Just thought I'd let one off......
    Oh alright, as long as you open the window.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I do hope you're joking there.

There are quite a few people in this list that I'd say are really rather brainy.
    It's General. Just thought I'd let one off......

Having said that my Bro got diagnosed as dyslexic because he gets 'as' and 'has' wrong. Got a free laptop out of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X