• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another Malaysian Airlines 777 Crash"

Collapse

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    A quote made by someone who says he doesn't exist or is in fact lots of people (schizo?). Primarily visited by not very clever Americans as well: zerohedge.com Site Overview Personally I prefer Rationalwiki's explanation of the site:

Ah, so the invisible man could actually be a Soviet stooge if we believed in conspiracy theories Buy yourself a present: Zero Hedge Gifts & Merchandise | Zero Hedge Gift Ideas & Apparel - CafePress
    IrrationalWiki is ****tard central. It's for those religiously militant sceptics, who think that they're masters of the universe because they've cottoned onto this big secret called atheism - and in their religious cult of scepticism they forfeit all rationality on any other topic, having already established their unquestionable wisdom, which requires no genesis in thought.
    Although they claim to be very tongue-in-cheek, much of their content is outright lies (often easily provable - although I have seen some of this addressed eventually).

With that being said, ZH used to be better than it is now. And I think there have always been several Tyler Durdens, unless he's very good at pretending to be multiple people (and has ALOT of spare time).

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I prefer to subscribe to facts as you know
    Everything in the Daily Mail is true and Diana is living in sin with Elvis on the moon

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I prefer to subscribe to facts as you know

Sent from my iMinion using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    2/3 of zerohedge readership is on Wall St. I'd say that's pretty western, regardless of which web designer set the site up.

Durden says two-thirds of its readers are from Wall Street.
    Zero Hedge was founded in January 2009. Posts are signed "Tyler Durden," a character in the Chuck Palahniuk book and movie Fight Club, reflecting the news site's activist posture. Despite speculation that "Tyler Durden" is a pseudonym of Daniel Ivandjiiski, who was penalized for insider trading in New York in September 2008, Ivandjiiski denies being a founder of Zero Hedge. Rather, he says he is one of several writers contributing to the site under the pseudonym. In an interview, "Durden" said there were four editors at Zero Hedge but another editor says there are up to 40.
    A quote made by someone who says he doesn't exist or is in fact lots of people (schizo?). Primarily visited by not very clever Americans as well: zerohedge.com Site Overview Personally I prefer Rationalwiki's explanation of the site:

Zero Hedge is a battulip insane Austrian economics-based finance blog run by a pseudonymous founder who posts articles under the name "Tyler Durden," after the character from Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk.

The site posts nearly indecipherable analyses of multiple seemingly unrelated subjects to point towards a consistent theme of economic collapse any day now, and has accurately predicted 200 of the last 2 recessions. Tyler seems to repeat The Economic Collapse Blog's idea of posting blog articles many times a day and encouraging people to post it as far and wide as humanly possible.

Ivandjiiski's history is a little odd, since he moved to the United States from Bulgaria to study at the University of Pennsylvania in order to pursue molecular biology (then go on to med school).
    Ah, so the invisible man could actually be a Soviet stooge if we believed in conspiracy theories Buy yourself a present: Zero Hedge Gifts & Merchandise | Zero Hedge Gift Ideas & Apparel - CafePress

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    :

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    2/3 of zerohedge readership is on Wall St. I'd say that's pretty western, regardless of which web designer set the site up.

HTH
    Not writers then? 2/3 of Playboy's readership is on Wall street which explains why they're all *******...

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    A note of sanity in the sea of crude, tub thumping, Daily Hate hysteria.

MH17 blame game reflects badly on all of us » Spectator Blogs

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I am quite comfortable to live in a country where the press is free to ridicule anyone it likes no matter who they are. They are publishing stories about investigating paedophiles in westminster and there is no one or no institution that is beyond satire. There may well indeed be a set of rules in place that stop the media from overdoing things but a quick flick through Private Eye and the courts (re hacking) tells me that the UK has a far freer press than Iran, Russia or any other of the countries where you draw your independent minded views

Press Freedom Index 2013 - Reporters Without Borders

Or perhaps that is a carefully controlled publication that is drawn up by the totalitarian leaders of the West

To save you the time of looking up Iran it lies 4th from bottom in 174th place 2 slots below N.Korea
    Living in a country where the courts will grant super-injunctions to gag the press. The government issues D-Notices and MI5 smash the computers of the Guardian.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    For the racist biggots, a western media source.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...lained-one-map
    How do you know that's a western media source? If you look at the image you'll see that its produced by РИА Новости who are definitely not western. You know that zerohedge is not one person but is a news website, content aggregator, and collection of blogs by contributing editors which could be Idi Amin, Mao Tse-Tsung and Pinochet for all you know, and who owns zerohedge.com:

Registrant Name: Georgi Hristozov
    Registrant Organization: ABC Media Ltd
    Registrant Street: P.O. Box 3
    Registrant City: Sofia
    Registrant State/Province: Sofia
    Not that western? Come on, you can do better...

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Eeeeee orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    You are beyond help. Keep those blinkers on.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Says the dickhead that won't even read the article before commenting.

You really are so indoctrinated in Western bulltulip media. I pity you, you minute brained idiot.
    I am quite comfortable to live in a country where the press is free to ridicule anyone it likes no matter who they are. They are publishing stories about investigating paedophiles in westminster and there is no one or no institution that is beyond satire. There may well indeed be a set of rules in place that stop the media from overdoing things but a quick flick through Private Eye and the courts (re hacking) tells me that the UK has a far freer press than Iran, Russia or any other of the countries where you draw your independent minded views

Press Freedom Index 2013 - Reporters Without Borders

Or perhaps that is a carefully controlled publication that is drawn up by the totalitarian leaders of the West

To save you the time of looking up Iran it lies 4th from bottom in 174th place 2 slots below N.Korea

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    For the racist biggots, a western media source.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...lained-one-map

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    You really are an idiot
    Says the dickhead that won't even read the article before commenting.

You really are so indoctrinated in Western bulltulip media. I pity you, you minute brained idiot.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    You don't like a viewpoint that's not western do you? You see the word Tehran and immediately it's of no worth.

Would you care to share why you are mocking this newspaper?
    You really are an idiot

Leave a comment:

Working...
X