• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Emergency laws

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Emergency laws"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It's those paedos again, Cameron said last night. He said terrorists, paedos, monsters under the bed, loom bands, falling house prices,aliens and the French.

Never in doubt.
    If its for the French then we are all in favour. The only country one can be racist about. In fact its compulsary if you live in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    It's those paedos again, Cameron said last night. He said terrorists, paedos, monsters under the bed, loom bands, falling house prices,aliens and the French.

Never in doubt.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Leave him be. You'd be sensitive to if you'd been working back to back double shifts since the world cup started.
    Jeezus, double shifts since 1930?....................

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    FTFY

I am hardly surprised - sensitive posters like MF should not be in general.
    Leave him be. You'd be sensitive to if you'd been working back to back double shifts since the world cup started.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    MF hardly posts these days.

I think SB hounded him off the forum.
    FTFY

I am hardly surprised - sensitive posters like MF should not be in general.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
    No terrorist communicates by email directly.
    They even admitted the last lot all used single email accounts to write drafts and save them, then they would tell the other cell the email password so they could log in read the unsent drafts and delete them.
    so no email trail...
    What, like this: Petraeus scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I think OG hounded him off the forum.

Mumsnet cut his fingers off.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Are all your posts going to be about NTRT? Aren't you going to pick on MF every now and again?

I think OG hounded him off the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Emergency Laws = moosive overtime for DV cleared contractors.

Where's my share ?

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    No terrorist communicates by email directly.
    They even admitted the last lot all used single email accounts to write drafts and save them, then they would tell the other cell the email password so they could log in read the unsent drafts and delete them.
    so no email trail...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    They are certainly not stopping them buying tickets for Syria and Iraq lol - perhaps there is some method there
    Let them go and fight for something they believe in.

There wasn't this much fuss over the International Brigades!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post

Also they've been doing this snooping for a long time, it's just all the wikileaks stuff has made them try and legalise their activities
    Thing is if we march against it in London they will set the water cannon on us after kettling us in.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Emergency laws to monitor phone and internet records 'to stop terrorists' - Telegraph

Oddly they never seem to stop any terrorists. Instead they are used to harass the plebs.

All the terrorists will do now is switch to something else - communicating by letter.

Bomb in the dartfotrd tunnel anyone?
    I saw an EOD bot by dartford tunnel last year as I reached by the toll boths just as they went into lockdown over a bomb scare so it's a possibility

Also they've been doing this snooping for a long time, it's just all the wikileaks stuff has made them try and legalise their activities

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Although to be fair we don't know this. Due to secret trials and suchlike I wonder whether the authorities are reeling them in in their hundreds, so preventing many terrorist attacks?
    Nah they just want to find out who the likes of you and me are, so they can harass then arrest us when we make up some truthful but mad conspiracy theory......

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    so nothing new then?
    A generation goes, and a generation comes,
    but the earth remains forever.

The sun rises, and the sun goes down,
    and hastens to the place where it rises.

The wind blows to the south
    and goes around to the north;
    around and around goes the wind,
    and on its circuits the wind returns.

All streams run to the sea,
    but the sea is not full;
    to the place where the streams flow,
    there they flow again.

All things are full of weariness;
    a man cannot utter it;
    the eye is not satisfied with seeing,
    nor the ear filled with hearing.

What has been is what will be,
    and what has been done is what will be done,
    and there is nothing new under the sun.

Is there a thing of which it is said,
    “See, this is new”?
    It has been already
    in the ages before us.

There is no remembrance of former things,
    nor will there be any remembrance
    of later things yet to be among those who come after.
    Ecclesiastes 1:4-11

Leave a comment:

Working...
X